MyQ still broken, even in 0.111?

I tried both YAML and the Integration UI and I still get the “Unexpected Error”.

1 Like

Mine stopped working about an hour ago.

Came back online in the point release a couple days after the last break, was working earlier in 0.111. Went back down in the past hour or so.

Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: components/myq/__init__.py:36
First occurred: 8:45:47 PM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:45:47 PM

Error setting up entry *****@gmail.com for myq
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/config_entries.py", line 217, in async_setup
    hass, self
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/__init__.py", line 36, in async_setup_entry
    myq = await pymyq.login(conf[CONF_USERNAME], conf[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 172, in login
    await api.authenticate(username, password)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 121, in authenticate
    self._security_token = auth_resp["SecurityToken"]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

I have a slightly different error.

Unexpected exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/config_flow.py", line 50, in async_step_user
    info = await validate_input(self.hass, user_input)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/myq/config_flow.py", line 30, in validate_input
    await pymyq.login(data[CONF_USERNAME], data[CONF_PASSWORD], websession)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 172, in login
    await api.authenticate(username, password)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pymyq/api.py", line 121, in authenticate
    self._security_token = auth_resp["SecurityToken"]
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable

The way MyQ change there API so often its probably changed again. so will need another fix if it is.

I think I am going to build my own cover with a sonoff and a wyze switch… This is just too annoying.

If you haven’t yet, you should check out OpenGarage.io. All open source, and their sensor is pretty sweet. It has a pair of sonic thingies, so it can measure garage open, garage closed with car, and garage closed without car. 2 in 1! And you don’t have to attach anything to the door itself, like a contact sensor.

I just dumped MyQ (I have 2 garage doors with Chamberlain/Liftmaster openers) and used a Zooz Multi Relay (Zwave) and 2 Samsung multi sensors (Zigbee).
The Zooz is just wired in with the button to act as a button press. The muti sensors are mounted on the top garage door slat and will register vibration, open/close and Temp. It’s supposed to also do tilt, but I don’t think the ZHA quirk supports it. If I can get tilt working, I plan to place a magnet at the full open and close point so I can register the door as partial open. With the vibration, I can already detect when the door is in motion.
Also, since the Zooz has 3 switches, I’m considering wiring the 3rd switch in to the main door button with a resistor in line to act as the light button or remote lock button. I just need to figure out the resistor size.
I need to do a little templating so it all works together, but so far it’s working great and near instant response since there is no cloud in the middle.

FYI I made my own opener with this page >>> https://www.digiblur.com/2020/06/diy-smart-home-ep7-smart-garage-door.html?m=1

Guys were in their chat live to answer questions. Super awesome!