MyQ Switch integration

We use MyQ to operate our garage door and also have a MyQ light switch for the front lights. We like the MyQ switch because it allows us to use one of the Homelink buttons in our cars to turn the lights on.

I have the MyQ Cover configured in HA for the garage door but I can’t see that a switch component for the MyQ light switch or plug has been created. Is this pretty easy to create based on what has already been done with the cover component?

Hi @bphillips921 - I am also trying to create an automation based on (and be able to control) the light portion of my MyQ garage door. Is it possible to interface directly with the light itself independently from the garage door open/closed state?

I’m not sure, but I don’t think so. I ended up abandoning the MyQ light switch and just went with a WiFi MQTT switch with Tasmota.

But, I think you are referring to the actual lights on the garage door opener. I’m not sure that MyQ allows that to be controlled. But, I’d bet you could get it done with a Wemos D1 Mini and a relay.