MyQ to Home Assistant via IFTTT

I have been going over the issues of MyQ interfacing with HA. One possible work around would be to use IFTTT as a stepping stone. Do people think this might be doable? Am I just barking up the wrong tree? I do get going to IFTTT would probably mean that there would be a monthly charge for the service. This is fair enough if the fee is not too expensive, and it facilitated getting control of MyQ back.

For me the three important functions I need are:
Sensor: Is the door open (or Closed)?
Control: Open Door
Control: Close Door

I am still a little bit of a NOOB, but if people who know more about IFTTT think this might work, I am willing to put in the time to write the scripts and docs to do this.

Greg

Fee is not the problem. The myQ service changes and may break at any moment.

I found a $30USD 8ch ip controlled relay. This will always work unless the device itself breaks

I just tried to set up an applet in IFTTT (before even trying to link to HA) with MyQ (door opening) as trigger and a Kasa device (light on) as action. Supposedly the applet showed no error but it did not work.

No first hand experience, but my understanding is MyQ/IFTTT does not support opening the door, only closing.

2 Likes

Even just being able to have HA know if the door is open and be able to close it would be good. in a way better, as more secure.

That is very true, and a good point. Might end up going that way.

1 Like