MySensors: Sending an unsigned long to device

If I have an LED, the message variable type is V_STATUS, the presentation variable is S_BINARY and the request variable is V_STATUS, and the receive variable is V_STATUS. This will set up a nice toggle switch under Controls in Home Automation. (Home Assistant–>Settings–>Devices & Services–>Devices–>"(my device name [node id])"–> )

What V_variable/S_variable combination yields a control in Home Assistant?

Let us suppose my node ID is 71, and my child id is 5. There will appear as a toggle control in Home Assistant and this controls my LED. If I publish to the MQTT broker the topic mysensors-in/71/5/1/1/2 (2 being the number associated with V_STATUS) with a payload of 1, my LED turns on. Yeah!

Now I set up a V_CUSTOM/S_CUSTOM device at child ID 3. This appears as a Sensor in Home Assistant, not as a control. Thus, I cannot send anything to the device/entity… If I publish to the MQTT broker the topic mysensors-in/71/3/1/1/48 (48 being the number associated with V_CUSTOM) the payload 1280, it arrives at my device and it deals with it as expected.

Thus my question: “What V_variable/S_variable combination that yields a control in Home Assistant?” Oh, and have Home Assistant be able to send an unsigned long?

I suspect that that capability has yet to be developed for the MySensors Integration in Home Assistant. I’d like to know if this is the case. Perhaps I can figure out how to have Home Assistant send the MQTT message for me?

Thanks for your consideration!

OSD