MySensors sensor naming

I have an issue in expanding my MySensors network in HA.
My desired sensor naming convention follows the following:
temperature_livingroom
temperature_kitchen
motion_bathroom
… and so on.

But in MySensors the sensors take the node name (from the Arduino sketch name) and the child ID (NODENAME_CHILDID). If I’m running a DHT22 temp/humidity sensor I’ll have two child IDs under one node. But this means they are named:
bathroom_1
bathroom_2
Hardly descriptive and very easy to mix up.

In the sketch I have defined the child sensor names to be what I want and you can see them come out in the description field:
2018-02-08%2010_32_45-Home%20Assistant

But it isn’t using them for the sensor name. Is this possible or something that could be changed? Something like try to use the child sensor description if available otherwise fall back to the child ID. Any thoughts?

Anyone? Surely not everyone is happy with:
bathroom_6_1
bathroom_6_2
livingroom_3_2
livingroom_4_1
kitchen_8_3
As entity ids in HA? It’s just impossible to keep track!

I don’t have an answer and no help, but I had a question.

I can see the temp based on what my sensors are reporting, but I don’t have a graph like that.

How are you graphing the history of your sensor temperatures?

If you have the recorder component configured then you’ll get state history for all your sensors.
At minimum you just need to add to configuration.yaml:
recorder:

In my config I choose only to log certain domains otherwise the database fills up VERY fast. I also use mysql to store my data. My config:

recorder:
  db_url: !secret mysql_connectstring
  purge_interval: 2
  purge_keep_days: 2
  exclude:
    domains:
     - mqtt
     - script
     - updater
     - sun
  include:
    domains:
     - sensor
     - binary_sensor
     - switch
     - light
     - input_select
     - input_boolean

any way to resolve this?

No fixes in the MySensors integration no. Would hope it can be configured in the UI at some point.

In the mean time I wrote an AppDaemon app to create new sensors as I want them named and the right attributes. Or you can use a template sensor.

Any update on this? It is really important.