MyUplink Data Availablity In HA

Hello,

I’ve had the NibeUplink working well for a few years but the recent switch to MyUplink is causing problems, besides the lack of interesting entities etc.

This chart shows my hot water temps, but as you can see the integration spends more time ‘unavailable’ than displaying data. In the MyUplink app however the data is consistently available, without issue, so I’m at a bit of a loss as to why HA report the data so poorly since it’s clearly leaving the ASHP and making it’s way to the internet?

Would anyone have any idea where to start?

Thank you

Which Nibe heat pump and how are you connected?

F450 connected to the SMO20 which is wired to a Pi thats acting as a wireless bridge to the wifi

Wow! Is there no option to connect directly to ethernet or wifi?

The image is showing internment readings which tells me something going on between the SMO and Pi or Pi and Home Assistant.

look here

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/nibe-smo20-home-assistant-changed-to-modbus/648485/6

Also there is a native integrationhttps://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nibe_heatpump that supports the SMO20

You would have to enable modbus and direct connection.

Although it may not be listed, I see it in the list on the integration.

Thanks, it is the native integration I’ve switched to. I dont think it’s an issue with the Pi since the Nibe web app is showing consistent data.

You can wire ethernet to the SMO20, but it’s not in a good place for me to do so. No onboard Wifi, hence the Pi bridge!

Thasnls @wgumaa, will take a look at the links later, but would think a native integration should be behaving itself?

I would think so. Again referring to your graph and you mentioned the app doesn’t lose data. So something in between your SMO and pi or pi to HA is not reporting consistently.

I have an s-series pump and it’s directly connected via Ethernet. It has been relatively stable with the occasional restart of the pump as sometimes the communication between it and HA hangs. But that is occasionally.