myVAILLANT integration

Have you tried cycling the power on your gateway device?

1 Like

That was next on the list after football training for my son. That has sorted it. It looks like the state got stuck on “Cylinder Boost” @04:30 in the app when my automation kicked in overnight. I can’t imagine it was too many api calls.

I had a similar issue a couple weeks ago. The data in the app and in Home Assistant stopped updating for DHW and Heating. It also wouldn’t let me change the mode for my heating. Restarting the gateway fixed it.

1 Like

Does anyone else see an offset between actual behaviour and reported power and heat output.

My heatpump did a hot water run from 01:30 - 02:30 last night and the power consumption and earned energy get reported at 03:00 and 04:00. I guess I would have expected to see that actual behaviour reported between 02:00 and 03:00 allowing for delays.

Have I understood correctly that these two entities are the total energy for the day, with each resetting each night?

Consumed Electrical Energy Domestic Hot Water (Wh)
Consumed Electrical Energy Heating (Wh)

Will they be tracked by HA’s Long Term Statistics, enabling me to view the daily usage for a date range?

Home Assistant Statistics | Home Assistant Data Science Portal (home-assistant.io)

I don’t have the heat pump yet. I am investigating what’s available in terms of data capture.
Does the MyVaillant app allow you to download monthly data?

I only have 10 days of history, you could create a sensor based on the those 2 entities with the correct device_class and state_class properties. You could monitor them in a database integration or you could add them as devices onto the Energy dashboard. All would give you persistent tracking.

They are rounded up to whole kWh values though. As are the other values reported by the app. If you want better accuracy you’ll need to go down the route of direct measurement with a CT clamp (£50 to £100) and/or heat meter (over £500 + installation) or an ebus circuit board wired into the ebus input on the heat pump interface (£50 to £100). ebus will give you additional data such as target temperature, compressor speed and a whole host more.

Have I understood correctly that these two entities are the total energy for the day, with each resetting each night?

Correct

1 Like

Vaillant reports these values in hourly buckets, some time after they happened. So let’s say you used 2kWh from 1-2am. The earliest the API returns that is probably around 2:30am. The “coordinator” in the integration that picks these values up runs hourly and sets the sum of all the hourly buckets as the current total value for the day.

In Home Assistant, you can’t save a value in the past. So the energy usage is saved at the time when these two delays have happened. Worst case that’s probably ~1,5h later.

1 Like

Thanks Philipp

Hi All
I’m using this integration with a ecoTEC plus heater with water tank and VR 940F Gateway.
I can read all the parameters.
I’m very likely asking a silly question but how may I update the “climate.zone_0.current_temperature” getting the data from a temp sensor?
I’ve tried to set the value from developer tools for testing purposes and I can see the temp updated, BUT after few seconds it gets back to “null”.
TIA for your help and many compliments for this great integration

Curren temperature is a read only sensor value, it can’t be updated. But you can use the climate controls to set a desired temperature! There’s also a service for that.

To answer the question about the MyVaillant App - you can download two csv files with daily statistics. Looks like it will be for all the time starting from installation date - 1,5 months for mine at the moment.

1 Like

This is also part of the mypyllant library btw:

python3 -m myPyllant.report user password brand --country country --year 2023
# Wrote 2023 report to energy_data_2023_ArothermPlus_XYZ.csv
# Wrote 2023 report to energy_data_2023_HydraulicStation_XYZ.csv
1 Like

Thank you for your quick reply

Hallo Phillipp,
erstmal danke für deine tolle Arbeit!
Ich bin der Meinung, die csv-Dateien aus der App haben ca. seit August einen Bug. Vorher standen in der Tabelle immer so 4-stellige Werte also z.B. 3885 Watt. Jetzt sind es bis zu 17-stellige Werte ohne Komma. Da kann man nicht so richtig was mit anfangen. (Vielleicht kann das mal jemand bestätigen). Bevor es deine tolle myVaillant-Integration gab, hatte ich eine Exceltabelle für die Auswertung der .csv-Dateien.
Wie sieht es denn mit den .csv-Werten aus deiner Bibliothek aus? Kommt man da ohne Skriptkenntnisse heran?
Gruß Tino

You can grab energy data with the library, for example:

python3 -m myPyllant.export [email protected] password vaillant --country country -d --start 2023-01-01 --end 2023-09-01 -r DAY > data.json

…which gives you JSON in the data.json file, for example:

{
        "operation_mode": "HEATING",
        "device": {
          "system_id": "",
          "device_uuid": "",
          "ebus_id": "VWZ02",
          "article_number": "0010023609",
          "device_serial_number": "",
          "type": "electric_backup_heater",
          "device_type": "ELECTRIC_AUXILIARY_HEATER",
          "first_data": "2022-10-11 16:16:40",
          "last_data": "2023-11-15 19:46:33",
          "brand": "vaillant",
          "name": null,
          "product_name": "hydraulic station",
          "spn": 351,
          "bus_coupler_address": 0,
          "emf_valid": true,
          "operational_data": {},
          "data": [
            {
              "operation_mode": "DOMESTIC_HOT_WATER",
              "device": null,
              "data_from": "2022-10-11 16:16:40",
              "data_to": "2023-11-15 19:46:33",
              "start_date": null,
              "end_date": null,
              "resolution": null,
              "energy_type": null,
              "value_type": "CONSUMED_ELECTRICAL_ENERGY",
              "calculated": false,
              "data": []
            },
            {
              "operation_mode": "HEATING",
              "device": null,
              "data_from": "2022-10-11 16:16:40",
              "data_to": "2023-11-15 19:46:33",
              "start_date": null,
              "end_date": null,
              "resolution": null,
              "energy_type": null,
              "value_type": "CONSUMED_ELECTRICAL_ENERGY",
              "calculated": false,
              "data": []
            }
          ],
          "properties": [],
          "diagnostic_trouble_codes": []
        },
        "data_from": null,
        "data_to": null,
        "start_date": "2023-01-01 00:00:00",
        "end_date": "2023-09-01 00:00:00",
        "resolution": "DAY",
        "energy_type": "CONSUMED_ELECTRICAL_ENERGY",
        "value_type": null,
        "calculated": null,
        "data": [
          {
            "start_date": "2023-01-01 00:00:00",
            "end_date": "2023-01-02 00:00:00",
            "value": 0.0
          },
          {
            "start_date": "2023-01-21 00:00:00",
            "end_date": "2023-01-22 00:00:00",
            "value": 1000.0
          }

You could then take the relevant portions from data and paste it into JSON To CSV Converter

There’s a new release v0.6.0 with a few new features and a lot more diagnostics data, for those of you that are into that sort of thing.

For Example on the “Home” sensor now has these states in my setup:

continuous_heating_start_setpoint: -26
alternative_point: -21
heating_circuit_bivalence_point: 0
dhw_bivalence_point: -7
automatic_cooling_on_off: false
adaptive_heating_curve: true
dhw_maximum_loading_time: 60
dhw_hysteresis: 3
dhw_flow_setpoint_offset: 25
continuous_heating_room_setpoint: 20
hybrid_control_strategy: BIVALENCE_POINT
max_flow_setpoint_hp_error: 25
dhw_maximum_temperature: 80
maximum_preheating_time: 0
paralell_tank_loading_allowed: false
outdoor_temperature: 8.019531
system_water_pressure: 1.6
outdoor_temperature_average24h: 9.707031
controller_type: VRC720
system_scheme: 8
backup_heater_type: CONDENSING
backup_heater_allowed_for: DHW_AND_HEATING
module_configuration_v_r71: 3
energy_provide_power_cut_behavior: DISABLE_HEATPUMP_AND_BACKUP_HEATER

You can find these in the developer tab under “States”.

2 Likes

Fantastic! Just to report back, the 0.60 is still working perfectly fine on my setup, so removing the Govee integration was all it took to fix myVaillant.

1 Like

Thanks for a brilliant integration.

Great to see these new additional states. Especially hoping to keep track of system water pressure as had issue with pressure dipping below minimum several times since aroTherm installation, and would like to be able to monitor and pre-empt before system gets shut down!

However, after update, could not see these extended states as entities (no “Home” sensor , and going to Developer Tools → States reveals no relevant items). I also tried removing and re-adding the “Hub”. (And naturally restarting HA each time). Otherwise all basic data (heating sensors, error conditions etc) working as they were previously.

Is there anything particular I need to do to enable access these data with 0.6.0?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi and thanks for your work @pdd !

I will install a new boiler next week (EcoTEC Plus VUW 40CS) and I am unsure if I should buy the SensoNET (VR 921) to use it with this great integration that you’ve built!

Can you help me understand what controls and sensors I would get in HA for my boiler?

I currently have a custom setup with an old analog boiler that I control from HA via a tasmota relay. I am using zigbee TRVs which I group in zones. For each zone I have a temp&hum sensor. If at least one zone requires heating, I start the boiler (and circulation pumps) and only the water volume required for the requesting zones is heated and circulated as the rest of the zones have the circuit closed via the TRVs.

I am planning to add a pressure transducer with an ESP32 to read the system water pressure and read it in HA.

Bottom-line: I don’t know if it makes sense to pay 260 Euros for the VR921 if it doesn’t really add any value on top of the controls I have in place.

Much appreciated!

Hallo Philipp,
danke für deine super Erklärung, ich habe es lange probiert, leider ohne Erfolg. Ich bekomme auf meiner Synology leider kein Phyton 3.10 oder höher installiert. Geht nur bis 3.9.
Aber egal. Das ist nicht so schlimm.

Die v0.6.0 funktioniert bei mir auf jeden Fall sehr gut. Ich hatte ähnliche Probleme mit Vorversionen, so wie CommanderROR.
Der “Home” sensor hat auch die neuen Werte, super.
Gruß Tino.