Nabu Casa and integrations

Hi all,

I am pretty new to Home Assistant but last weekend I managed to configure some very cool integrations. For example, I have integrated Home Connect, SmartThings and Mind Mobility but all using the Nabu Casa Remote Control link. At first, all looked fine instantly but now, after a few days I doubt if Nabu Casa is the way to go.

Most of these integrations only work for a few hours after a restart of HA or only update when I restart HA. Is this a known limitation of Nabu Casa and should I try Duck DNS for instance?

On the Nabu Casa website I see this:

Caveats

We are currently not forwarding the IP address of the incoming request. Because of this, we are unable to support Home Assistant instances that have configured 127.0.0.1 or ::1 as trusted networks or proxies. It also means that if you use IP bans, the remote connection will be banned as a whole instead of just the address from which the incorrect passwords were entered. We are currently exploring a solution for this issue.

I have no idea what this means to be honest but since it is a caveat…

I am running hass.io in Docker on a Synology nas. Any help, tips and tricks would be appreciated.