Nabu Casa Cloud and new iOS Compantion 2.0

Using Nabu Casa cloud service to access my HA.

I am trying to connect iOS Companion 2.0 to my HA. When connected to same wifi I can locate it, it shows up like xxxx.duckdns.org:8123, but when I try to connect it gives an error. (Unknown error. Timeout).

My configuration.yaml has this entry:

http:
  base_url: !secret base_url
  ssl_certificate: /ssl/fullchain.pem
  ssl_key: /ssl/privkey.pem
  ip_ban_enabled: true
  login_attempts_threshold: 5

Should I remove this, since I am using Nabu Casa cloud? Afraid it could brake something, so I can not access my server again.

During setup the app does not get access permission to the ssid name on ios13 anymore (Appleā€¦). Hence it only auto-populates the external url field.
Hereā€™s what to do:

1. Enable access to location always from ios settings
  2. In the app enter your url as internal url, see that it connects and has your ssid as internal location.
  3. The app should now have the checkbox to enable nabu casa cloud available and you can activate that. External URL becomes disabled at that point and the app should connect via the cloud when outside your wifi.
1 Like

Thank you so much!

For me the above steps do not solve the issue. No matter what I do, I never get a checkbox. Iā€™m on iOS 13.3.1. Do you have any suggestions?

Have you figured out how to get the check box? I donā€™t seem to get it either. Iā€™m wanting to use HA companion as my GPS tracking, but shortly I may have to go back to Life360

No, I havenā€™t. Canā€™t help you.

I have same issue, I cannot get checkbox to enable nabu casa cloud eiter.

I was having the same problem but was able to get this to work after enabling the Webhooks at the bottom of the Home Assistant Cloud configuration in my Home Assistant instance. After enabling this, I reinstalled the iOS app and tried again. I now get the checkbox for ā€œConnect via Cloudā€ in my connection settings of the iOS app. I hope this helps someone else.

Thanks Mike,

That helped! I had Webhooks enabled already, but what I think helped was to re-install the app instead of just resetting it.

Happy Boris!

1 Like

Same issue here! Except, after struggling back and forth I have a button ā€žHome Assistant Cloudā€œ, but, thus enabled, remote access still does not work and, after a short time, the ā€žexternal URLā€œ field refers to the internal IP and the ā€žinternal URLā€œ field is empty, and the HA Cloud button is deactivated. What could be the matter here?

Webhooks are shown, but cannot be en- or disabled. I have reset and reinstalled the app a couple of times.

Apologies for reviving an old post, but Iā€™m having this same problem.

Have deleted and reinstalled the iOS app and it detects the cloud services when I first log into the server, and never gives me the option to use conenct via the cloud. I even tried to paste the cloud url into the external url box, and the app auto detected that it was a cloud url and wouldnā€™t let me save it - but still wonā€™t give me the option to connect via the cloud.

Anyone any other ideas as to what I can try?

I just had the same issue and found this thread.

My ā€˜fixā€™ was to re-enable the ā€˜deleted web hook mobile_appā€™ (I had 7 of them and re-enabled the last 3.

The cloud connection on the app became available again on the app and it works fine now. Strange.

mb

Iā€™m having the same issue, I canā€™t seem to get my iOS app to show an option for a cloud connection. @frenck, this needs attention.

1 Like

Solved! The missing bit seems to have been the discovery and/or ios components in the serverā€™s YAML config. With those added the server was discovered by the appā€™s scan and was set up correctly.

1 Like

Same issue here.

Iā€™ve tried everything in this thread and others. Iā€™ve tried reinstalling the app, resetting the app, re-enabling old webhooks, made sure location is set to always in ios settings, etcā€¦ remote connection always works via nabu casa in browser, but never in app outside of the local network.

have we determined exactly what is broken here?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks!
Jamin

Same here. Really annoying. Any help appreciated.

I did

• added the ios: to the config
  • re-enabled all web hooks
  • restarted phone completely
  • removed app and reinstalled

We cant get the connect via cloud to work.

Please help.

Ok, I finally found something that worked for me. I contacted nabu casa support, who referred me to the discord channel, where a search kicked me to a github issue that said:

• turn off remote control (config -> HA Cloud -> Integrations)
  • reset the app
  • turn on remote control
  • try to connect in the app again

it worked for me, so hopefully it helps others

2 Likes

Worked for me too. Thank you!