Nabu Casa connection broken after upgrade to 0.96

Hi !

I upgraded my home assistant instance (Hassbian) from the version 0.94.4 to 0.96, and the “cloud” integration with nabu casa is broken.

I got the following stack trace in home-assistant.log…

ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Error during setup of component cloud
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/setup.py", line 153, in _async_setup_component
    hass, processed_config)
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cloud/__init__.py", line 142, in async_setup
    from hass_nabucasa import Cloud
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/__init__.py", line 16, in <module>
    from .remote import RemoteUI
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/remote.py", line 16, in <module>
    from .acme import AcmeClientError, AcmeHandler
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/acme.py", line 9, in <module>
    import OpenSSL
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/__init__.py", line 8, in <module>
    from OpenSSL import crypto, SSL
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/crypto.py", line 16, in <module>
    from OpenSSL._util import (
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/OpenSSL/_util.py", line 6, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings.openssl.binding import Binding
  File "/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/openssl/binding.py", line 15, in <module>
    from cryptography.hazmat.bindings._openssl import ffi, lib
ImportError: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libssl.so.1.1: version `OPENSSL_1_1_1' not found (required by /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.7/site-packages/cryptography/hazmat/bindings/_openssl.abi3.so)

With this error, the connection with Nabu Casa is not done…

Anyone can help me with this one ?!

Thanks !

See this post:

In the comments about the new release.

1 Like

Thanks Tom, I just did !

Cheers

1 Like

I edited my post to link to the comment with the actual solution.

I confirm the solution works, thanks !