Nabu Casa is not able to renew let's encrypt certificate

Hi, I have a problem with my Nabu Casa connection/ certificate.
When I try to enable nabu casa remote control the following error pops up:

Is important to note that I have been using the service for maybe 2 month now, and was working perfectly.
I submit a ticket to the Nabu casa people [#3428 ticket ] and I got some “help” from them with no results yet (ticket was uploaded on august 11th).
My Homeassistant regulary trow me this notification (almost once per day):

My system runs on a Proxmox virtual machine installed with an official image. (has been running like this for 3 month now)
Following is the system information (Final version maybe be more recent as I always update)

From the Nabu casa guys they told me to run the following command
ha dns info
from the ssh addon terminal
And got the following:

$ ha help

~ $ ha dns info                                                                                          host: 172.30.32.3

locals:

- dns://192.168.100.1

- dns://fe80::1

servers: []

version: "9"

version_latest: "9"

Also they told me the issue was the “-dns://fe80::1” line
So I use this guide:

And was able to get the following after runing the same ha dns info command

Witch I bealive is ok, then I restart homeassistant, and also restart the full virtual machine, and the same issue still there.
No further help was provided by the Nabu-Casa people, that the reason I’m asking for help here.

I bealive Nanu-Casa is the option for me to connect remotly to my installation, mainly because I bealive my network provider is behind a NAT and it will cost me more to pay for a public IP address than pay for nabu-casa service. But if there are other option so I can access my installation remotly please let me know and I will test them as soon as I can.

Hope my post is correct. Regards.

Can you try removing the hidden .cloud directory and then restarting HA? It is in your config directory and contains your certificate files.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment cogneato, can this be done from a computer connected trought samba? Or maybe with a command from the command line trought SSL or something?
Thanks again.

Yes, using samba and having the option to view hidden files on from whatever OS you are using, you should see the .cloud directory. You could also find it using the ssh addon terminal.

Thanks, I was able to find the folder and delete it. I then log out and log in and get the legend that it’s been prepared. I will wait to see if it will fix it.
Will let you know when back at home.
I used Android app SMB server.
As much as I can I prefer to use Android. My phone has more power than my old laptop.

If it takes over 5 minutes then there is some other issue, still. Anything from your HA logs?

Still on the we are preparing your installation.
I got this on my log.

Unable to connect: 502, message='Invalid response status', url=URL('wss://cloud.nabucasa.com/websocket')
9:09:25 AM – /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/hass_nabucasa
And this one
Unexpected error processing request for cloud/remote/connect

August 29, 2020, 9:54:39 AM – Home Assistant Cloud (ERROR) -

Not sure what else to do.

I restart server and it looks like it works now.
Thanks for your help.

Well, to make things more chaotic, the whole internet is having issues in the past 24 hrs or so.

I wouldn’t be surprised if your remote access is up and down again for a while until it all settles.

It’s working ok, so I’m happy.
I was not able to mark your first post as the solution. How can I do that?
Thanks again fro all your help.

Another update: there are now problems with increased load to nabucasa’s servers and you may experience issues with Alexa/Google until that is sorted. You would be seeing a lot of 502, 503, and 504, errors in your logs.