Nabu casa remote UI connection not always available

Hi,

Using the remote UI through Nabu Case for a while and worked perfectly till recently I noticed the UI not being available at times. Still searching what the cause could be and I need some help with this error:

2019-10-02 07:24:42 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Can't handle request-connection without backend
2019-10-02 07:24:42 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.iot] Error handling message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot.py", line 220, in _handle_connection
    self.cloud, msg["handler"], msg["payload"]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot.py", line 274, in async_handle_message
    return await handler(cloud, payload)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot.py", line 309, in async_handle_remote_sni
    await cloud.remote.handle_connection_requests(caller_ip)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/remote.py", line 216, in handle_connection_requests
    raise RemoteNotConnected()
hass_nabucasa.remote.RemoteNotConnected
2019-10-02 07:42:08 ERROR (MainThread) [metno] https://aa015h6buqvih86i1.api.met.no/weatherapi/locationforecast/1.9/ returned Cannot connect to host aa015h6buqvih86i1.api.met.no:443 ssl:None [Try again]
2019-10-02 07:42:08 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.met.weather] Retrying in 17 minutes
2019-10-02 09:33:02 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Can't handle request-connection without backend
2019-10-02 09:33:02 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.iot] Error handling message

I too have issued often with nabucasa, can’t load my webpage… Still works on my public IP with port forwarding…
So when in am logged in with ip instead of nabucasa… I still see the service as connected, also when I do a disconnect / connect , still doesn’t work…

It’s only browsing that doesn’t work, other cloud API still work with nabucasa, like Google assistant.

I need to restart hassio completely to restore it…

Do you have the same?

I think I solved my issue. I have scheduled a network interface reset once a week and since then all keeps working fine. I think that for some reason my WiFi was disconnecting and not reconnecting anymore.
For me all seems to work fine now.

1 Like

hmm, thats not the solution in my case
but its also verry random, somtimes it works good for a week, sometimes just 12 hours

+1
I have the same issue.

+1
Facing the same issue.

I migrated from my RaspberryPI to docker and since then all my issues are gone.
I don’t need to restart my network interface anymore.
No more issues with remote UI.

Started getting this issue after 103. Sometimes it works sometimes not. Have been in touch with Nabu Casa support but no solution yet. Have given up and setup my own domain for my ha instead

I’m getting this issue now after upgrading from 0.103.5 to 0.103.6. Do you have any new information on this issue perhaps?

I’m on the latest version also, no issues with remote UI.

I am on 0.103.5 and I have the same issue:

2020-01-08 12:29:01 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.remote] Can't handle request-connection without backend
2020-01-08 12:29:01 ERROR (MainThread) [hass_nabucasa.iot] Error handling message
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot.py", line 90, in _async_handle_handler_message
    result = await handler(self.cloud, message["payload"])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/iot.py", line 143, in async_handle_remote_sni
    await cloud.remote.handle_connection_requests(caller_ip)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/hass_nabucasa/remote.py", line 216, in handle_connection_requests
    raise RemoteNotConnected()
hass_nabucasa.remote.RemoteNotConnected

Any custom components being used?

Custom Components: Wyze Sense, Custom Header, and Lovelace Swipe Navigation, each installed via HACS.

Although it seems to now be resolved after another HA restart.
I only recently moved from a Docker install to HassIO in a VM (on my unRaid server). Its possible that could have something to do with it.

I run the HassOS VM using unRaid. No issues with nabucasa or any of the 103.x releases so far. Are you using an Ubuntu or Debian based VM by chance?

Same here, HassOS VM. Since that reboot of the VM, the issue has not come back. Makes me wonder if it was a temporary “me” problem. Could have just been a blip in connectivity.

Hi Appels
How do you do a scheduled network reset, do you do it on the router ?
Thanks

I run HA in a docker container on top of linux.
So I scheduled a crontab to reset the interface in linux.