Nascar schedule integration+card

Okay so I have a question if anyone knows of to do this or can point me in the right direction. So I’m a nascar fan and I like to watch it but thanks to some genius nascar is on 4 or 5 different channels throughout the nascar season, and it’s always a tossup what channel it’s going to be on, so I’m wondering what the best way to get the tv schedule data from a web site (I have found some APIS but they are all behind a pay wall) or find a way to integrate the tv schedule data into home assistant, I know about ( GitHub - vasqued2/ha-teamtracker: Home Assistant integration that provides real-time scores in multiple professional (NBA, NFL, NHL, MLB, MLS, and more), college (NCAA), and international (soccer, golf, tennis, mma, racing) sports using ESPN APIs. ) but it doesn’t have support for nascar ATM, I don’t know if I’m up for the challenge of building a from scratch integration but if I have to I would be willing to learn if I ABSOLUTELY have too, i have a temporary salutation which is just a screenshot of the season schedule posted on a dashboard that I just navigate too through a button but it’s not the prettiest thing in the world, any info would be very much appreciated :relaxed: hope you have a great day

Edit changed the post to development side

Team tracker does work for NASCAR. (#4 Fan here.)

When I setup my sensor for Harv… the league is “NASCAR” (no quotes), and Harvick is “HAR” (no quotes).

I believe you can also setup the wildcard for the driver: “*”.

2 Likes

Hm I might have to re try it because the last time I did it kept giving me an error and and the card on the dashboard was invisible, but I will try it out

Seems like that’s working thank you! I finally got around to adding the card and it worked! Thank you for your help :blush: I appreciate it

Howdy, I’ve been trying to track this down, without any luck, but do you by chance know the Team_ID for Chase Elliot?

Thanks!

Since the NASCAR info is “down” again (till after the SuperB owl, I suspect), I can only speculate.

I would try either “ELL” or “chase-elliot” and see what happens. When I setup my Harvick tracker towards the end of last season, “HAR” worked. However, when I go look on ESPN for driver info, their URLs use the driver’s full name wth a hyphen.

All that being said, for the Clash last week, my “HAR” tracker still worked so… I would try ELL first.

Out of curiosity, can TeamTracker display general race information (such as laps, stage, leaderboard, etc?) I use TT for a handful of other sports with teams, but for NASCAR I’d rather have general race info than a specific driver.

It does put up some general race info, but it’s a little delayed. You can use the “*” wildcard if you don’t want to pick a driver and I believe that’ll display 1st and 2nd place and the (short) race info.

1 Like