National Grid Smart Meters

Has anyone been able to integrate the new National Grid smart meters into their setup yet? I got mine installed about 2 weeks ago, but haven’t been able to find any integrations that could work for it. It’s a Landis+Gyr Type E360 REVELO-SD. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

1,000 agreed. I just got one of these today

I’ve got one of these meters as well. I managed to build a docker image that logs into the dashboard at an interval, and pulls data from the JSON file used to populate the real-time usage data chart. I then have it publishing updates via MQTT for Home Assistant. I’m not sure how shareable/universal the setup is, though. I’ve been looking into building a custom component that could potentially handle it, but haven’t had the time to really dig into it yet.

That all being said, though, National Grid is using Opower on the back-end, so I’d think we could potentially get support added to the Opower integration for it. I was just looking into creating a feature request for that when I found this thread.

Edit: created a feature request.

That’s great news! Thanks @1ockwood for the info. I don’t have the new meter yet, but it’s a matter of time before mine is replaced.
I believe that a feature request would be better directed to the GitHub project that handles the Opower library. It seems very easy and straightforward to do it.
If you already have access to Opower, you could follow the instructions on their library site to add support for it.

opower - Support a new utility

I’ll happily do it (unless somebody beats me to it) once my meter is replaced.

Thanks for sharing that resource @fcastillo! I’ll take a look into it and see how far I can get with it.

Edit: looks like there’s already an issue opened for adding National Grid in the Opower repo, but last action on it is from February.