Neato Botvac D6 idle alert

Hello, I am a completely newbie with Home Assistant, thus asking help with a topic which might be a really simple one…

I have a Neato Botvac D6, which I have already connected to HA. I can see the cleaning map and control the robot via HA and it’s working fine.

However what I am looking for is an alert, which is sent via notify function in case the vacuum is in “idle” state for X minutes.

Reason for this is that in some ocations my dogs might be moving the robot in such way that it looks like being docked, but actually it is not. Obviously the battery is then draining, and when eventually I want to start cleanup, first thing I need to do is to wait for the robot to charge up again.

So the notification alert would be triggered in case the robot is in idle state (not cleaning, returning to base, docked, charging…) for example for 30 minutes.

Is this possible?

A standard state trigger should do it,

- platform: state
      entity_id: vacuum.x
      to: 'idle'
      for: '00:30:00'

Is ‘idle’ the actual state? I’ve never seen idle before, only charging or vacuuming, though its not normally off the dock that often.

Thanks for the input. I did play a bit with this, and got eventually this working with following setup. It might not be ideal, but seems that it’s working, plus I can see from the overview directly the current state of the robot.

alias: Neato not charging
  description: Neato does not charge
  trigger:
  - entity_id: sensor.neato_status
    for: 00:10:00
    platform: state
    to: Stopped
  condition: []
  action:
  - data:
      message: Check that Neato is connected properly to the docking station.
      title: Neato is not charging. 
    service: notify.timo`