Nedis WiFi Smart Plug WIFIP110FWT

Hi!

Im thinking of buyin Nedis WiFi Smart Plug WIFIP110FWT and was wondering if it is possible to integrate this to HA? Is it the same “brand” as Tuya. If it is possible is it easy?
I would like to have something that is simple to use and uses wifi and can measure and start/stop equipped electronics.
Im all new to HA :slight_smile:
Thanks!

I bought a couple of these a couple months ago when they were on sale, due to the energy monitoring which usually costs a lot more if compared to Z-Wave or Zigbee devices.

Today when I was going to start using some of them I noticed they did not have an integration with Home Assistant…I guess I should have checked that first. :stuck_out_tongue:

However, I see this as an opportunity to try my hand at intercepting the signals that the mobile app sends to see if I can get it working outside of Nedis’ application.
I’ll post here after I have had the time to test this out.

@greenlantern81
I checked it a bit more and the Nedis components use or are compatible with Tuya, so I installed the Tuya Smart app and added the WiFi smart plug to that.

Then I added the Tuya integration to HA and called it a day. :grin:

5 Likes

But the Tuya integration is Cloud-Polling, which is the worst kind, because it depends on an external cloud service and any update will be delayed due to polling.

If anyone has a local-polling or local-push alternative, it is preferred. Otherwise, I’ll just look for a different brand.

EDIT: Looks like that device can have a custom firmware updated over Wi-Fi, although I have no experience with that.

2 Likes

Hi,
Someone any luck on getting these Nedis SmartLife devices to work with HA? I have two power sockets that I would like to add.

Someone any luck in reflashing the device?

Thanks

Almost a year later, has anyone looked into this in the meantime? I got my hands on 2 Nedis Smartlife wifi plugs for cheap that i’d like to integrate