Need an outdoor temperature sensor that still works at below 0° F

I need a temperature sensor for current outside temp that will still work at maybe -10° F to -20° F. Z-wave but wifi or thread would work. The problem I am running into is that the z-wave sensors that I am finding stop working at about as low as 14° F. Where I live it is not uncommon to get below that. Also not as important but I am also seeing that some of them stop working at 90° F and up. Where I live 100° F is also not unheard of.

A temperature range of -20° F to 110° F would work.

Is DIY an option, and can it be powered? An ESPHome device reading a DS18B20 does -55 to +125°C, which comfortably exceeds both ends of your freedom scale requirements ( that’s -67 to 257°F).

You can get waterproof encapsulated versions:

I run several of these from ESP8266 devices against my hot water tank up to 70°C (~160°F); outside (without your crazy low temperatures though) and in my aquarium. Super-reliable.

Esp32 has temp range -40 - 220’F
Combined with temp sensor like that above or if humidity sensing is needed with SHT2x (0 - 100%RH / -40 - 257’F)

Also Inkbird IBS-TH2 is rated -40 - 140’F

Thanks for the suggestions. But I am looking for more of a plug ‘n’ play than DIY.

And Inkbird IBS-TH2 is not?

Sorry didn’t see that one in your post

I use the Netatmo one. It is cloud based, but I don’t think I’ve had any trouble with them the 7-8 years I’ve had them. My lowest temperature recorded with it last year was -23.6°C (thats around -10.5°F). Batteries last for one year or more.