Need help Chromecast audio (Media Center?, Plex?, Kodi?)

I just configured Mopidy, icecast2 and my chromecasts to provide a multi-room audio environment at home but seems the chromecasts are not synchronized together which is not a good experience.
Do you feel the same?

Isn’t that lag configured via chromecast audio settings->sync delay for each device in Google Home app?

Also, has anyone tried flac files using the icecast solution? does it transcode?

One and a half year later I still looking for htis post to set up mopidy for my Chrome Cast Audio’s.
After All this time I still dont know a better way to get his own music to the chromecasts.
Thanks!

I’ve had successfully set up this solution on my Synology using a docker for Mopidy and one for Icecast. No matter the settings however, my Chromecast audios take at best 13 seconds or so to start/hear changes. Using VLC it is normally instant however.

Only using the Flac encoder:
output = audioresample ! audioconvert ! flacenc ! oggmux ! shout2send blablabla
am I able to start a stream with almost no latency (track changes are heard within a second). Unfortunately due to some GStreamer bug, Mopidy crashes when sending Flac.

Do you guys experience “lagless” playback? What are your settings? Anything more than a few seconds feels really bad from a user experience point of view.

Edit: Using lame3enc and a high burst size on ice cast the stream starts immediately, if something is already playing. However, there is still around 10 seconds to hear track changes etc.

1 Like

i like this setup, will give it a try, any idea how to implement to play different music at each room

Would anybody have experience with starting a Plex audio stream through HA?
I have it hosting a white noise file that I’d love to play on my kids Google Home Minis when it’s their bedtime.
I assume there will be some copying of the service calls from above, I just don’t know where to look for the song URL.

Thanks