Need help enabling USB stick

Hello. I have 2 Home Assistant setup on 2 different Raspberry Pi:

SETUP 1: RPi 3B+, Raspbian Buster, Pi Hole, Home Assistant installed as a virtual environment following these instructions, Home Assistant 0.108.9

SETUP 2: RPi 4, Home Assistant installed using Home Assistant image (HassOS 3.13), Home Assistant 0.109.4.

My USB Stick is Aeotec Z-Stick Gen 5.

Here’s my problem. Setup 1 is meant to be temporary, just to test things out. When I installed the Z-Stick on Setup 1, I was able to use /dev/ttyACM0 and things worked as expected. I was able to start the z-wave network and I now have to option to add z-wave devices.

However, when I try to install the Z-Stick on Setup 2, I needed to use /dev/ttyAMA0. This confused me because I thought was /dev/ttyAMA0 for GPIO hats. I thought USB sticks would be found at /dev/ttyACM0. In any case, the Z-Stick was successfully installed but I am unable to start the z-wave network. The system just says “Starting Z-Wave Network…” but the network does not start.

I know it’s not the Z-Stick because it works on my Setup1.

Would appreciate any help.

The Aeotec zstick doesn’t work on the Pi4 you’ll need an old USB 2.0 hub to get it to work with a Pi4.

See this link.

Thanks a lot. That explains it!