Need help - Fibaro FGPB101 button & POPP 012501 strike

Hi,

I only used the popp in homeseer, but had issues with zwave pairing needs to bedste secure. Try to unpair and repair where you have the popp right next to the controller. That gave med the correct pairing, and more child objects to the popp.

Home Assistant is still resisting to resist show any useful control over the POPP 012501 controller.

So I shut down HA, went to the OZWCP did a secure pairing there.
It appears to have worked as desired, but in HA States, I still only see 4 items:

I’m stumped, as everything seems to show up fine in OZWCP.
I copied the .xml configs over to the HA directory as required also.

If I close HA, and go back to the OZW CP I see that the device is listed:

Current Values are available:

Configuration Values are also available:

The information is available:

Am I missing something?

Did you solved the problem with the Fibaro Button?

Honestly, no, I still have a useless Fibaro button and Popp Strike.

It’s very frustrating, as I monitor the threads here here here (also here) daily for any progress on the root issues, but they seem to persist forever in a state of “almost committed”.

The consensus on various threads seems to be that theis might be released in OpenZWave 1.6, but I have doubts.
So I presume for this to work a few things need to happen:

• openzwave needs to support Central Scene
  • python-openzwave needs support update?
  • home-assistant needs support update?

Maybe someone can confirm if Central Scene support is already integrated into Home-Assistant, as presumably that also needs to be in the chain for this to work…

You might see my inputs in threads as happy to test being ignored.

And so I wait…

Open Source sucks sometimes.

Ok, thanks for your answear and good luck in the future!

We need support for COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE for this to work. Please vote and maybe some of the brilliant developers will look into it. It looks like it requires a rewrite of some core systems: Add support for zwave COMMAND_CLASS_CENTRAL_SCENE

Any luck with this? Just bought a Fibaro FGPB-101-1 and now feel like a dummy for not checking here first…!

1 Like

Are there any news to this. I have the same issue with HA not showing the on/off switch for the POPP strike lock control.

Since i do not need command_class_scene I’m wondering why there isn’t the on/off switch. If I look at the screenshots shown for OZW CP the switch is there.
I tried to remove and readd the node but without any improvment.

Has anyone had luck with the popp strike control ?

I’m sorry to say, but I gave up trying to get this thing to work with HA z-wave, as it has been well over a year of headache.

I’ve since started moving all my z-wave devices to an external VeraPlus controller, which works EXCELLENTLY. I use HA still for all my automations, and the VeraPlus is basically the replacement for my Aeotec stick, as it integrates with HA and exposes all devices transparently.

For the record, both the FGPB101 and Popp012501 both work perfectly with the VeraPlus using this setup, and my z-wave network has never been faster.

If you’re interested in learning more, I have a thread over here. :smile: :+1:

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid of that. My goal was to not use a hub since for every system needing a hub you end up having 10 different hubs at the end (I’m exagerating on purpose here)

I have filled an issue on github both on homeassistant and open-zwave repository. Lets see if some cares about this.

2 Likes

Same problem here. My popp strike lock is not working because it’s not showing a switch entity. Could you please solve this issue or let us know when may it be solved?? Thanks.

I have contacted Popp support and they have told me this:

Blockquote Have you tried to “switch” the device via the DoorLock CC? This class must be supported by the gateway. You can only control the StrikeLock via this CC.

No idea what they are referring to, I guess CC means command class but don’t know how to do this. Any clue??

As you can the in the issue that i opened, openzwave does already recognize all the Command Classes for the POPP Strike Lock.

The propblem is that they are not shown in HA. Other Home-Automation solution like OpenHAB or FHEM do not have that problem with the POPP strike control and they are also using open-zwave. It must also be HA or python-openzwave.

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/11938
Look at my attached zwcfg-file

1 Like

I know you’re exaggerating on purpose, and you’re free do do as you will but I think you may be kinda missing the point that what gives HA its strength is its integrations, not its buggy direct control over z-wave devices. I’m able to use HA as a single system (HA) that manages all devices, through their respective hubs/controllers.
HA doesn’t do direct control very well, like manage z-wave. Unfortunately the upstream path is not very good in my opinion: HA->python-open-zwave->open-zwave
HA also uses an older version of PyOZW, and PyOZW relies on upstream improvements from OZW.
What HA does do well is integrations with other systems and hubs that do z-wave better.

You need to go to the developers of HA and PyOZW and OZW to make sure its all in sync, and supported through the chain. I chased this for a year and got involved in pull requests and issues, so at this point I’ve moved on and I’m much happier.
It looks like there is another new issue logged, from the messages here, so thats good.

1 Like

Still having the issue.
I have not tried yet 0.63.1. Any luck with it??

I tried, but even if with 0.63 a new pyozw is installed (0.43.???) the issue still there

Thanks @gcosta74 , I’m going to return it Today to amazon. I will use this to control my lock:

The unique thing is that I think it does not work encrypted and that I have to bring power to its location as it works either with 110-230V or 24-30V DC (and my intercom, where I was placing it, it’s only 18V DC).
But once this is solved, I think it’ll work fine anyway. I’ll let you know in case you’re interested.

Issue has been resolved. Look at the progress made on github regarding that issue.

I think that the correction will be available with the next release of homeassistant.
For the impatience you can already implement the modification as reported on github.

Hi! Although unfortunately I was impatient and already returned it, I’m glad you have the issue solved and your strike lock working!!Congrats!:ok_hand::ok_hand:

@gcosta74: Have updated to the newest release, but still not see a lock entity. The sensor is now showing.
The strike lock is recognized and working in OpenZWave Control Panel.
Any configuration i need in configuration.yaml other than the zwave setup?