Need help to restart my Home Assistant

Here is my error log of the issue.
My biggest problem is I do not know how to get to /usr/src/.
I can find /usr/ but no src/ folder.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/hassio/init.py:693
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: September 16, 2022, 8:12:31 PM (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:42:48 PM

[547002651488] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Unexpected error calling config validator: Device id 30b2e36a2b22b860f60934563f0f4114 not found in registry.
[547194624496] The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Unexpected error calling config validator: Device id 30b2e36a2b22b860f60934563f0f4114 not found in registry.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py”, line 193, in handle_call_service
await hass.services.async_call(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1713, in async_call
task.result()
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py”, line 1750, in _execute_service
await cast(Callable[[ServiceCall], Awaitable[None]], handler.job.target)(
File “/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/hassio/init.py”, line 693, in async_handle_core_service
raise HomeAssistantError(
homeassistant.exceptions.HomeAssistantError: The system cannot restart because the configuration is not valid: Unexpected error calling config validator: Device id 30b2e36a2b22b860f60934563f0f4114 not found in registry.

Had a similar issue before but I am not on haos so I hope this helps
I removed an integration which left a orphan entity, which was used in automations and through that, the config validator failed …which was not clear from above (similar) message.

If you can get to the files, try to find the device with that id in automations.yaml
You could also try to find it first in config.device_registry and that might help thinking what/where

Thank you will give that a try.
And will let you know.

So I found the device in the automations.yaml

are saying this could potentially be a left over and I can delete it?

Oh @vingerha thank you so much.

I saved a copy just in case then edited the device automation out. And voila. Restarted with no issue.

So thank you a thousand times. :slight_smile:

Great… it would have been nice from the logs to know where the issue really is…anyhow.

remove the cast: line from configuration.yaml

You should make a habbit of using a service call:

service: light.turn_off
data: {}
target:
  entity_id: light.light_tv_room_couch

instead of using device

type: turn_off
device_id: 289ed660442a5bf3be25e6e006e10537
entity_id: light.light_tv_room_couch
domain: light

The device turn_off will hide the autmotation when de device is deleted and cause the problem you have now.
On the other hand,the service turn_off one will only throw an error in the log file :wink: