Need Help with a Automation, if Powerusage is below

Here is what the Automation shoud do:
If a Webhook is triggerd, it should wait 5min, check if the Power Usage is below 3 Watt and then turn the Wall Switch off (and if its possible, if power usage is above 3 Watt send a Message)

Problem is that I have Problem with reading the Value from Entity

Entity: sensor.fibaro_system_fgwpef_wall_plug_exporting
Attributes:

node_id: 9
value_index: 32
value_instance: 1
value_id: 72057594193936896
power_consumption: 2.6
unit_of_measurement:
friendly_name: nas Exporting

I have played a bit around, there is what I have

- id: '1559640460411'
  alias: server
  trigger:
  - platform: webhook
    webhook_id: test
  condition: []
  action:
  - delay: 00:05:00
  - condition: state
    entity_id: sensor.fibaro_system_fgwpef_wall_plug_exporting
    state: ((float(sensor.fibaro_system_fgwpef_wall_plug_exportin.power_consumption)) - (float(3))) | round(2)

1 Like

Please format your post correctly. See point 11: How to help us help you - or How to ask a good question

Your condition should go in line with your action… have read through the docs and look at the examples… https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/scripts/conditions/

Trigger, Action and Condition are all supposed to be ont he same indentation level…

I would also keep this simple by just making your condition calling the entity ID, numeric state and “below.”

Its more about how to use the Attribute of the Entity and use it further, I can’t find this is in the Docs

well if you start to ask a question, make sure that the code examples you are using are correct… how am I supposed to know where you are going wrong if your code is full of mistakes that you can’t be bothered to fix before asking for help?

What you need to do is create a template sensor out of the attribute… Here is link which should help: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=create+template+sensor+from+attributes+in+home+assistant

The Code example is copied from the Automation Editor, I did’t change anything in there.

This condition will return true if the sensor’s power_consumption attribute is less than 3.

- condition: template
    value_template: "{{state_attr('sensor.fibaro_system_fgwpef_wall_plug_exporting', 'power_consumption') | float < 3}}"

EDIT
Correction: What tom_I said, missing curly brackets!

1 Like

Missing curly brackets.

value_template: "{{ state_attr('sensor.fibaro_system_fgwpef_wall_plug_exporting', 'power_consumption') | float < 3 }}"
2 Likes