Need help with automation of homematic components

Hi,

I want to do a few automations involving my homematic components.
I failed, so I hope someone can help me a bit.

I wanted to start with an easy autmation, just turn of the heating if a window opens. I did it like this (in automations.yaml):

### Fenstersensoren - open == on; closed == off
- alias: 'Badheizung aus bei Lichtkuppel auf'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.MEQ1660142
    to: 'on'
  action:
    service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      entity_id: climate.MEQ1559436
      temperature: 4.5

The script appears in the GUI. I get no error messages. So everything seems fine. But the temperature is never changed, even if the sensor changes its state. So I do something wrong, but the question is, what?

In the GUI the components show up like this:

According to the info I found here: Homematic Thermostats and Set Temperature
It should work, I think. But it does not :frowning:

The entity_id’s in your automation do not match the actual entity_id’s as shown on the States page. I think you need this:

### Fenstersensoren - open == on; closed == off
- alias: 'Badheizung aus bei Lichtkuppel auf'
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.hmsecsco_meq1660142_state
    to: 'on'
  action:
    service: climate.set_temperature
    data:
      entity_id: climate.hmccrtdn_meq1559436
      temperature: 4.5

Thanks, that worked!
I’m a bit confused, because the attribute id shown in the right column says “MEQ1559436”. Maybe it just means the id it has in the homematic ccu and not the id in homeassistant.

That’s correct (for pretty much all types of devices in Home Assistant). To get the real entity ID you have to click on this gear symbol:
eid

The lower text-box contains the entity ID as Home Assistant is using it. Here you can also change the entity ID (if the integration supports it, HomeMatic does) to something different if you don’t like the ID that has been generated. Of course changing the ID will break automations that where using the original ID.

Ok, that makes it clear.

By the way, thanks for your great work, that allows me to use my homematic components with homeassisant :+1: