Need help with figuring out how to change FireTV input to antenna via source selector or adb shell command

I am trying to create an automation that will turn my lights on and turn my FireTV on and to the local news station which I get via antenna. This gets triggered when my phone alarm goes off. I have everything working besides navigating my FireTV to the antenna input. I have tried setting the action as call service → Media player: Select source → com.amazon.tv.livetv and I have also tried starting com.amazon.tv.livetv using an adb shell command but neither of those attempts worked. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I also went down this rabbit hole. Did you find any solution?

Nope. Nothing so far.

i don’t know about doing the proper select source for fire tv. when i get a chance i’ll play around with it.

however i have an alternative workaround for you… do you have an alexa device? (this might work on fire tv directly since it kinda has alexa in it, but i haven’t tested that).

if you have an alexa device, you can send it a custom command:

in short, if you have an alexa command “alexa, play local live tv” that does what you want, you can use home assistant to issue that command to alexa which will then execute it.

If this can be used with the Alexa that is integrated into the Fire TV, then this might actually work. I’ll have to test it out sometime soon and get back to you. Thank you!