Need to update Zzh! firmware - how to do that safely? (backup instruction is needed)

Hi
I need to update firmware for Zzh! stick (CC2652R). I know there’s a tool for making backup of current network that suppose to be installed by default with HA. How can I access that to make the backup? I tried through the Terminal and root access but I can’t find it. I’m on RPi4 by the way.

There’s an OTA tool for ZHA devices. Is it possible to use that to update firmware for coordinator? Or do I have to turn everything down to move stick to my PC to make the update?

If the OTA thing can’t be used then how to approach getting the stick? Should I simply shutdown RPi4, remove the stick, do the update, reconnect it, turn the HA up again and everything should work just fine?

The site you pointed to shows the instructions in full. Are you running haos?

Yes, it’s HAOS. Maybe I’m misunderstanding something here…wait…There’s a docker instruction in the Tools docs. And it says that I have to disable the stick in order to make the backup. What will actually happen if I do that? Everything ZHA related will stop working (automations, missing entities) and will be back online as soon as I enable it again?

No need for docker. Just follow the haos instructions. Which are to enter the homeassistsnt conntaone4, then you can run the tools.

Yes ZHA will be disabled while the backup and the update and the update run.

The HAOS instructions are using docker :stuck_out_tongue:
docker exec -it homeassistant bash
Unless there’s some others there that I’m missing.

Anyway, I did disable ZHA and tried energy_scan to test if it indeed works - looks ok. So now the thing I need to do is to make sure I’m going the right path with updating stick’s firmware…Anything I should be aware of or make sure of?

Sorry I misunderstood your post. Looks like you have it sorted.