Neerslag App (rain forecast) (Buienalarm and/or Buienradar)

The Neerslag App is aimed at providing rain forecast sensors (Buienalarm and Buienradar) and displaying this in a graph, while fully configurable via the interface.

The Neerslag App is a continuation of the Neerslag Card. This is an all-in-one package for Home Assistant that contains both the Neerslag Card as well as the rain sensors. For the end-user this package provides a much better user experience, as you no longer need to set-up custom sensors in configuration.yaml.

The Neerslag Card is the front-end card. The ‘nice’ rain forecast graph that you can add to your dashboard. While the remaining part of the Neerslag App is aimed at providing sensors data to feed the graph.

Recently the Neerslag App has been added to the default repository of HACS. Going forward the Neerslag App is now the recommended option for end-users and I recommend users of the Neerslag Card to migrate to the Neerslag App.

Link to the Neerslag Card:

3 Likes

My 2 cents:
Issue: the Neerslag card does not show up after the integration
(actually not an issue with the project; merely with the browser)
Solution: clear the browser cache, or open a new browser-window in “incognito/private” mode, or just try another browser until you reboot your computer

Issue: Add the Neerslag App as an Integration in Home Assistant (config/integration) (Another “non-issue”. …but just in case another dummy like myself gets stuck at this step)
Solution: in HomeAssistant, go to “Configurations” → “Integrations” → “Add Integration” → and find the HACS integration here (!).

@aex351 thank you for this awesome project
chrisV

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I have modified the readme file to address your points.

1 Like

I like the solution as an integration. Only the card doesn’t always show correctly. A clear cache does help, but next time when I go to the page I get this result again.

It looks like when there is no rain expected, the card doesn’t load correct.

neerslag

@Deadpool, it appears you might be using an older version of the Neerslag App or Card. As I am seeing the ‘legend’ (Buienalarm and Buienradar) being displayed. This has been fixed in the latest release. Which version are you running?

1 Like

@aex351 Today rebooted Home Assistant and cleared al caches on all my devices, and now it seems to work fine. Thanks for the reply.

1 Like

I have a slight problem with this component. There is no data shown from Buienalarm sensor.
I delete the component, cleared browser cache, delete card etc. and installed it again, but with same result.
The line you see is data from BuienRader.

While this is my card confiiguration:

type: custom:neerslag-card
title: Neerslag
entities:
  - sensor.neerslag_buienalarm_regen_data
  - sensor.neerslag_buienradar_regen_data
autozoom: false

and the strange thing is, there is data to shown:

Is there something I overlooked?

It looks like the problem has been solved. I didn’t do anything, so I don’know why en how is has been solved. Now I am waiting for rain, just for the result :wink:
download

1 Like

Schermafbeelding 2021-11-27 160451
How do i solve this error. I have removed buienradar and all other weather apps, but it still keeps showing up.

Can i see witch app exactly is causing this?

Maybe you also need to restart Home Assistant. That error message will only show up if you have that integration still installed. Because Home Assistant is still loading it.

How can you select the English language for the card?
I have my HA language set to English (GB) and live in the Netherlands, my card shows dutch texts.

Try setting it to English (US). The component only has language files for US, not GB or any other variant.

Does anyone know how we can change the line color? I tried inspect element to change it using card-mod, but I don’t see any values. Somehow, with one of the latest HA updates, the line has become whiite/grey with my own theme. Using default theme it’s blue, using my own theme it’s white suddenly. I haven’t changed any of my theme colors though.

Since my background is also white, I can barely see the line (for a minute I thought the card was entirely empty). Any ideas?

Edit: this change has either to do with HA 2021.12, or one of the latest Neerslag App updates. My sibling also has an installation (with identical theming) and he still runs HA 2021.11 and older Neerslag App. His are blue as normal with my own theme.

Edit2: It’s using my primary-color for some reason. I have own Day and Night themes. When using my Day theme, it’s white (like my primary-color is), when using my Night theme, it’s black like my primary-color then is. I tried removing the .gz file and alter this line and change --primary-color to something else, but that didn’t work.

var primaryColor = convertToHexIfNeeded(style.getPropertyValue('--primary-color'));

Since the last update on home assitant, the neerslag card doesn’t seem to work. If I check the sensor attributes, the correct data is available, only the card won’t load. I did try to reïnstall the neerslag app in hacs, but I get the same result. What can I do to fix it?

Neerslag

2 Likes

Have you by any chance also switched to yaml mode dashboards at some point? If so, you need to manually add the resources to your config.

1 Like

Same here since latest update problems with loading card

Found something strange, when I’m on my local network it won’t load the card on chrome and in the android app. When I switch to mobile network on my phone, it will load the card correctly on my phone.

Oke checked my phone and indeed on my phone the card shows oke. But not on my windows PC with any browser.

Same problem :frowning:

This is most likely a caching issue. It has been observed that this could happen after an update. Home Assistant did not refresh the dashboard and will try to load the old version from cache (which no longer exists). I did not find a way to force Home Assistant to refresh the dashboard after an update with the Neerslag App.

The solution is to manually refresh the dashboard by clearing the browser or app cache. Additionally restarting Home Assistant is also recommended.

This is the reason why you observe that the Neerslag App will continue to work in the background or is working in other browsers / app / connection type (URL). You can confirm this by opening up your dashboard in a private/incognito browser window.