Nefit easy client

First of all I’d like to thank you for all develeopment so far. Been working with HASS for some weeks now.

In my previous setuop (domotics) there was a option to directly link to the Nefit Easy server to control my home thermostat. Will sush a feature also be present in HASS? so where we can directly link to ea https://github.com/robertklep/nefit-easy-client?

Thank you in advcance

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Short update.

I’ve started on the component. For now it’s reading temperature, setpoint and mode

Hi,

HASS is looking like a great controller. Only thing missing is the component for the Nefit Eeasy? How is the development going?

Thanks for your work!

I Faced the same. So far I really like HASS.
Once I have a decent working version, I will share it

Beta version is ready.
Implemented as a Climate Platform.
Nefit-Easy-HTTP server is not included and needs to be started separatly.

Read Temperature (set + actual)
read operation mode
Set Temperature
Set operation mode

Nice! Is there a way to test it?

Hi, is there any update on the Nefit Easy Component? Would really complement my set-up, but Im not a coder im affraid.

Thanks!

I have also written a Nefit component. It is in a very early stage, but has the same features. It also doesn’t need an external HTTP server.

If you know how to install a custom component, you can find it here:
https://github.com/marconfus/ha-nefit

1 Like

Thank you @marconfus, it works like a charm! I do got some errors, if you’re interested I can post them for you.

Great!
Yes, feel free to post any errors here.

Ok, eventually it’s just one error in the log:

17-05-01 13:57:00 WARNING (Thread-6) [sleekxmpp.xmlstream.resolver] DNS: dnspython not found. Can not use SRV lookup.

Doesn’t break anything (I think) but it is related to this component. For the rest, it’s working perfect! Maybe in the future you could add the current pressure in the system?

Thanks.

Yes I know. It’s just a warning. I don’t want to add a dependency on dnspython as it adds no benefit.
Just get the newest version from github, system pressure is already in it as an attribute.

Nice! I also already wrote something using the node api from robertklep.
You can find my plugin here https://github.com/ksya/homeassistant_nefiteasy_climate

Will test robertjanb’s version soon. Thanks!

edit:
I now recommend to use this: https://github.com/marconfus/ha-nefit
I use it myself now and will improve it when possible

hi @marconfus, how to use the sensor on configuration.yaml?

I’ ve added the flowing code on configuration.yaml (with my serial, acceskey and password) added but I can’t see nowhere any nefit sensor

climate:
platform: nefit
name: Heating
serial: XXXXXXXXX
accesskey: xxxxxxxxx
password: xxxxxxxxx

Thanks,

Do you see anything about nefit in the log? Are there any errors?

Hi all,

I have also installed the plugin by marconfus on my Hassbian installation, but I’m facing some issues.
I have installed the nefit-client by using “pip3 install nefit-client” and got the message “Successfully installed nefit-client-0.2.2”. Then I have created the folder structure as per installation guide, and placed “nefit.py” there.
Then I have updated my configuration.yaml file and did the “check config”.

Check config is giving me the following output:
(pasted only the interesting parts)
File “/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate/nefit.py”, line 24, in
from nefit import NefitClient
ImportError: No module named ‘nefit’
2017-11-04 14:26:50 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.loader] Unable to find component climate.nefit

and

Failed config
General Errors:
- Platform not found: climate.nefit

Question: Can someone point out to me what I’m doing wrong?
Thanks in advance!

Just a little update: Seems like restarting Home Assistant over and over and re-doing the config checker helped. I don’t know why, nothing is changed in my configuration.yaml file… but it works. I can read the current temp and set manual or auto via the HA GUI.

Small followup question though… Is it also possible to output a visual graph in HA showing the “current” temp during the day? I would like to check te temp development over time once I’m home after a days work.

Thanks!

Hi marconfus,

This wat I’m seeing in my log.

File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 673, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 669, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 775, in get_code
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 735, in source_to_code
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 222, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/custom_components/climate/nefit.py", line 7
    <!DOCTYPE html>
    ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Do you any idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

I would guess, that the file climate/nefit.py doesn’t contain the python code, but html from github. Please redownload the file and make sure it contains the right content.

Is it also possible to output a visual graph in HA showing the “current” temp during the day?

That works out of the box with the recorder/history components.