Nefit Easy Thermostat

Because you have not read my previous post

Edit: you have pressed the arrow next to config/?

when i press the arrow nothing happens so

update: found out why, just a setting in the file editor config.
but…where and how should i place the
MinProtocol = None
CipherString = DEFAULT

Read this?

Sorry but it may sound stupid but i am such a newby that somethings become not clear to me at all.
i have opened the openssl.cnf and have to change the
minprotocol and cipherstring.
but cannot not find out how.

so is there any way to give me an explanation on how to do this?
i really appriciate your help

Change this with the keys on your keyboard and press save?

Told you in one of the first posts

i can not find the
Minprotocol and cipherstring
should i add it somewhere?

I think the buster thing is not your issue.

Is this your issue:

Got these from out the log

2022-06-15 16:10:20 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Setup of domain nefiteasy took 0.0 seconds
2022-06-15 16:10:21 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Initialize Nefit class
2022-06-15 16:10:21 DEBUG (MainThread) [aionefit] Initializing XMPP client
2022-06-15 16:10:21 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Starting connecting…
2022-06-15 16:10:21 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Waiting for connected event
2022-06-15 16:10:22 INFO (MainThread) [slixmpp.features.feature_mechanisms.mechanisms] Authentication failed: not-authorized
2022-06-15 16:10:22 ERROR (MainThread) [slixmpp.features.feature_mechanisms.mechanisms] No appropriate login method.
2022-06-15 16:10:22 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Shutdown connection to Bosch cloud
2022-06-15 16:10:22 ERROR (MainThread) [slixmpp.xmlstream.stanzabase] Error handling {urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:xmpp-sasl}failure stanza
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/slixmpp/xmlstream/xmlstream.py”, line 834, in handler_callback_routine
await cb(data)
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aionefit/provider/slixmpp_impl.py”, line 55, in on_failed_auth
await self.nefit_client.failed_auth_handler(event)
File “/config/custom_components/nefiteasy/init.py”, line 239, in failed_auth_handler
await self.shutdown(“auth_failed”)
File “/config/custom_components/nefiteasy/init.py”, line 227, in shutdown
await self.nefit.disconnect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/aionefit/init.py”, line 55, in disconnect
self.xmppclient.disconnect()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/slixmpp/xmlstream/xmlstream.py”, line 504, in disconnect
self.schedule(‘Disconnect wait’, wait,
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/slixmpp/xmlstream/xmlstream.py”, line 875, in schedule
raise ValueError(
ValueError: There is already a scheduled event of name: Disconnect wait
2022-06-15 16:10:22 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] adding stop listener
2022-06-15 16:10:22 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Testing connection (connect retries=0)
2022-06-15 16:10:22 DEBUG (MainThread) [aionefit] Sending msg…GET /gateway/brandID HTTP/1.1\rUser-Agent: NefitEasy\r\r
2022-06-15 16:10:22 INFO (MainThread) [slixmpp.xmlstream.xmlstream] connection_lost: (None,)
2022-06-15 16:10:22 DEBUG (MainThread) [aionefit.provider.slixmpp_impl] Connection was closed
2022-06-15 16:10:51 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Did not get a response in time for testing connection (validation retries=0).
2022-06-15 16:10:51 DEBUG (MainThread) [aionefit] Sending msg…GET /gateway/brandID HTTP/1.1\rUser-Agent: NefitEasy\r\r
2022-06-15 16:10:51 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] No connection while testing connection.
2022-06-15 16:11:21 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Starting connecting…
2022-06-15 16:11:21 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Testing connection (connect retries=0)
2022-06-15 16:11:21 DEBUG (MainThread) [aionefit] Sending msg…GET /gateway/brandID HTTP/1.1\rUser-Agent: NefitEasy\r\r
2022-06-15 16:11:21 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] No connection while testing connection.
2022-06-15 16:11:51 DEBUG (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Starting connecting…
2022-06-15 16:11:51 INFO (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] Testing connection (connect retries=0)
2022-06-15 16:11:51 DEBUG (MainThread) [aionefit] Sending msg…GET /gateway/brandID HTTP/1.1\rUser-Agent: NefitEasy\r\r
2022-06-15 16:11:51 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.nefiteasy] No connection while testing connection.

It looks like Bosch changed something in their backend that is preventing authentication, some of my Node.js code also stopped working (but, weirdly, some of my older code still works… :thinking:).

Apologies, false alarm, everything still seems to be working on my end.

@Raspy your problems point to an incorrect access key and/or serial number (password isn’t relevant for XMPP authentication). It’s not related to OpenSSL (because the client can connect).

The serial number is all-digits, the access key is digits and alphanumerical (mixed case). If your access key contains dashes (-), try removing them. Also, make sure that you use the correct case.

Hi Robert,
thanks for youre reply.
So,
the serial is 9 digits without spaces. Correct?
the access code is 16 caracters without spaces. Correct?
So the password is not important or…? My password is now 11 caracters ending with a !. can that give a problem?
should i install more before adding the add-on.
lots of question but would be nice to get it working

Yes.

Yes.

The password obviously is important, but not for logging in, for that only the serial number and access key are used (the password is used to encrypt/decrypt the payloads returned by the Easy).

To make testing easier, you can install my CLI tool. Feel free to PM me for any details.

So to circle back on this issue: turns out that @Raspy has an EasyControl CT200, not a Nefit Easy.

Ah, thats not so easy after all :rofl:

Check that!
But… i have now tryed and install this one

Just like Robert advised me to this is the (start) result

The only issue with this integration is that you have to change youre password to max 8 caracters without any special caracters
after i have done this it was “Easy” under “Control”
duh

@Robert, thanks very much for all your help and tips & Tricks. ThumbsUP!!

1 Like

Sorry to revive this old thread, but I have a question about the Nefit Card above. I have just enabled the Nefit Easy integration, and it works. The panel looks like this:

In Raspy’s example above I can see the scheduler option. It is missing in my card. Does that scheduler icon allow to program the Easy through HA? That would be a tremendous improvement (mainly because the Easy is not so easy…). How can I get that too?

Also, if I press the flame icon (I don’t know what that is supposed to do) I get “Failed to call service climate/set_hvac_mode.”. Does that pose a problem?

Thanks!

when i press the arrow nothing happens so

update: found out why, just a setting in the file editor config.

Could you explain which setting enables the function to move up in the tree?
I tried all but still nothing happens when selecting the arrow next to “config/”…

I had to reset my Nefit and create a new password. Now I receive the error in HA “| Invalid password for connecting to Bosch Cloud” I cannot find were I can change the password in the Integration?

thanks.