Neolink installation

I am getting the following error when installing:

The command ‘/bin/bash -o pipefail -c wget https://nightly.link/thirtythreeforty/neolink/workflows/build/master/release-i386-buster.zip’ returned a non-zero code: 8

In which folder do I have to save the configuration.toml file after installing the addon?

1 Like

Add-on starts neolink. I would label it as experimental. You need to place the config named “neolink.toml” into “/config/addons” folder.

1 Like

This issue seems to have resolved itself. Maybe an HA update?

Just installed neolink on my HA rpi3 server. Works well with my Lumus. Don’t use spaces for camera name, it helped me in getting it to work.

Had someone tried to configure some custom commands to send to the camera like controlling the light or receive PIR sensor feedback???

Sorry guys, I just wrapped neolink into a home assistant addon. I played around with a reolink cam but replaced it with tapo cam. I am not so frequently reading this forum, please create issues within GitHub. Documentation about how to use the addon is here: hassio-addons/neolink at main · dm82m/hassio-addons · GitHub

Are you still looking into the add-on, or has it depreciated? Looking to buy a B800/D800, but would not touch it unless there’s still some kind of information that this still works and will get updates where needed.

the add-on works and can be used. the neolink software is actively developed and used within the add-on.

Thanks for developing this add-on. I was able to configure Reolink Lumus camera in HA using this add-on.

1 Like

OMG. Been looking for 3 days looking for neolink intergration. I have reolink d500. With your link above, it works perfectly!!

I don’t know if this work for any Reolink camera. But I was disapointed when I saw my camera only had port 9000 open. So I installed neolink and at the same time I emailed the Reolink’s support about this issue. They answered saying I can enable RTSP using the desktop app (i only was using the phone app). I did it and now I removed one docker container from my deploy.

Here the doc for the record

Neolink is quite handy! I was able to quickly get it up and streaming to Frigate, however only the substream will provide a stable picture. MainStream cuts out every couple of seconds, or goes gray, or pixelated. (Not just in HA/frigate but also in VLC on same address… see screenshot)

Is there config for the rtsp encode? (This is all running inside HA on a RPi4) or something I can adjust?

Camera is Reolink Argus Eco

Hello, I have an E1 Pro and a Lumus and have set everything up so far. However, I keep getting the message “Login credentials were not accepted”. However, I can log in via the app with the data I entered in neolink.toml. Any ideas?

bind = “0.0.0.0”
[[cameras]]
name = “Wohnzimmer”
username = “admin”
pass = “xxx”
address = “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000”
uid = “xxx”

[[cameras]]
name = “Terrasse”
username = “admin”
pass = “xxx”
address = “xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000”
uid = “xxx”

I have an odd problem. Seems that somewhere/ sometime my config folder renamed itself to homeassistant. Is this normal? In any case if I add the folder “addons” under this (the main folder when I go to file editor) I get “Error: Failed to read “/config/addons/neolink.toml””. Of course I now know why, but have no way to remedy it because file editor won’t let me rename “homeassistant” back to “config”

I was using rtsp://127.0.0.1:8554/camera_name in Blue Iris and for the Generic Camera. It works the way you said in Frigate with Neolink HA addon - never thought of that so Thanks

@dm82m thanks for this add on, managed to get my reolink argus p2e working.
Just got to figure out how to get it to only stream when there’s movement so my battery lasts a bit longer.

Greetings,

Does this addon include GStreamer already? I’m confused as to how this installation fits into the installation instructions on Quantum’s git. I must also confess I’m somewhat new to HA and only have little experience with git.

Nevermind. All becomes clear once you actually start installing.

Is latest the suggested build to use?