Neolink installation

I have a Home Assistant Blue and would like to install Neolink to create a RTSP stream from my Reolink Lumus camera that uses Baichuan protocol.

I have read and reread to github documentation but I am still unsure of installation of this on my Blue.

Any guidance to intall this (Neolink) would be appreciated.

Dennis

Need also help to implant it.

did you ever get this working? i’m looking into the same thing now for my E1 and battery cams

Sorry no.

Didn’t have time to pursue this further.

I created an Add-on for it:

Add-on starts neolink. I would label it as experimental. You need to place the config named “neolink.toml” into “/config/addons” folder.

Looks great. Experimentally works for me.
Wonder if the Neolink can be triggered by the RIP through an e-mail notification. Otherwise, this solution will drain the camera battery :smiley:

Hey. Installed the addon right now.
The addon starts but it cant connect to my Argus 2. Im running neolink with the same config in a lxc Container too where it works. Is there anything im missing? Looks for me like a permission / Firewall issue inside of HA because its solving the UID but cant connect (Timeout)

What does the addon log say?

s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner: starting
s6-rc: info: service s6rc-oneshot-runner successfully started
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs: starting
s6-rc: info: service fix-attrs successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-cont-init successfully started
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services: starting
s6-rc: info: service legacy-services successfully started
[2022-11-16T07:32:15Z INFO  neolink] Neolink d75e416c96b9867875bc7252777302e8cec214ab release
[2022-11-16T07:32:20Z INFO  neolink_core::bc_protocol::connection::udpconn::discover] Trying remote discovery against reolink servers
[2022-11-16T07:32:25Z ERROR neolink::rtsp] Error streaming from camera Wohnzimmer, will retry in 1s: Failed to connect to camera Wohnzimmer at UID: xxxxxxxxxxxxx on channel 0

Caused by:
        0: Connection error
        1: Timeout

would guess some firewall, routing, … problems. add-on itself runs properly but is having problems to reach reolink servers. has nothing to do with my add-on and I am sorry but I cant help… :confused:

Okay will check that. Thanks for the fast answer :slight_smile:

I seem to have the add-on config working and connecting to my Reolink camera. I have a bind of 127.0.0.1 for the config. Trying to setup a generic camera to view the link, but have no idea what ip address to use. The actual home assistant ip or 127.0.0.1 does not seem to work. Any thoughts or instruction would be appreciated :slight_smile:

Ensure that your neolink config binds ip 0.0.0.0 (so all Interfaces).

And default port is 8554.

So Rtsp://homeassistant_ip:8554/yourcam should be it.

See this for details: GitHub - thirtythreeforty/neolink: An RTSP bridge to Reolink IP cameras

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. That is exactly the setup I had initially. Does not work unfortunately (the URL times out when setting up a generic camera). Could it be something to do with using Home Assistant OS? I had neolink working separately from home assistant once upon a time, but that was not with Home Assistant OS.

the url I have tried is rtsp://192.168.xx.xx:8554/baby/subStream

my config is as follows:

bind = “0.0.0.0”

[[cameras]]
name = “baby”
username = “admin”
password = xxxxxx
address = “[i.p of neolink]:9000”
stream = “subStream”

A bit of progress made. I commented out the stream option and suddenly all works. Although I wanted the subStream only but at least I know its not a i.p address or network issue now.

I have had the subStream option working in the past. Not sure why it wouldn’t work with this addon?

Trying to get this working but I am also struggling to get the url to work in a generic camera. Receiving the following in the Neolink logs:

Caused by:
        0: Media Deserialization error
        1: Parsing error
[2022-11-26T21:14:44Z ERROR neolink_core::bc_protocol::connection::udpconn] Udp read poll aborted
[2022-11-26T21:14:44Z ERROR neolink_core::bc_protocol::connection::udpconn] Udp write poll aborted
[2022-11-26T21:14:50Z INFO  neolink_core::bc_protocol::connection::udpconn::discover] Trying remote discovery against reolink servers
[2022-11-26T21:14:51Z INFO  neolink::rtsp] Front Porch Camera: Connecting to camera at UID: *****************
[2022-11-26T21:14:51Z INFO  neolink::rtsp] Front Porch Camera: Logging in
[2022-11-26T21:14:51Z INFO  neolink::rtsp] Front Porch Camera: Connected and logged in
[2022-11-26T21:14:52Z INFO  neolink::rtsp] Front Porch Camera: Camera time is already set: 2022-11-26 16:14:49 -5
[2022-11-26T21:14:52Z INFO  neolink::rtsp] Front Porch Camera: Camera reports firmware version v3.0.0.1045_22061301
[2022-11-26T21:14:52Z INFO  neolink::rtsp] Front Porch Camera: Starting video stream Main Stream (Clear)

Receiving timeout errors when trying to setup the generic camera. I have Neolink installed using the experimental addon.

Receiving this error in the log:

Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (HTTP_NOT_FOUND, Server returned 404 Not Found) rtsp://192.168.xx.xx:8554/FrontPorchCamera

Any ideas as to what I am getting wrong here?

I wanted to add the address (GitHub - dm82m/hassio-addons) via the addon store repositories. Unfortunately an installation of Neolink was not possible. Could you add a step by step guide.

1 Like

Hi there,

the developer of the addon just updated it and it should work now.

I can confirm that the recent update did make progress in my situation but it’s still quite unstable. I was able to setup the generic camera but it loses connection very frequently with the same ‘Media Deserialization error’ I was receiving previously.

Checking the full logs shows many ‘no additional packets’ errors:

2022-12-07 22:08:38.532 ERROR (stream_worker) [homeassistant.components.stream.stream.camera.192_***_*_***] Error from stream worker: Stream ended; no additional packets

I think I found an open issue that matches my situation as I am also using an Argus PT and running into the same problems described here:

https://github.com/thirtythreeforty/neolink/issues/270

One thing that is strange, the camera feed seems to be much more stable when accessed via the mobile app (running on a Pixel 3a) as opposed to the desktop which constantly stutters and quickly flashes a “Error with media stream content” message. It usually then freezes completely before briefly becoming unavailable.

I was able to install the addon now. How can I configure my Argus Pro 3? What do I have to do after creating the addon?