Ness Alarm Aux Output

I have a Ness Alarm panel which I have integrated with HA but I cannot get my Aux Output integrated. My zones and panel work perfectly and I have access to the entire panel on my phone including the AUX.

Can someone please help me? The Aux is our garage door.

Hi According to the doc’s

https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/ness_alarm/#service-aux

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I have tried it but I’m unsure about what I’m doing wrong? The aux is there because I can access it through the NESS app.

Perhaps my indentation is wrong but I’m not sure.

okay now
can you see the ness in the
Developer Tools
States
Yes
You should be able to trigger the AUX in
Developer Tools
Services

Hi Twours,
I hope you have it figured out - if not this is what I did - I created a script which I can “Execute” like a button.

alias: Toggle Garage
sequence:
- data:
    output_id: 2
    state: true
  service: ness_alarm.aux

This will toggle the Aux output number 2. From memory you’ll need to set up how long it gets toggled for through the Ness alarm system. I have mine set for 1 second. Also not that because I have it set to toggle you can stop the door by toggling it a second time.
Cheers
Flatstrap

Hey man,

YES! I managed to do the exact same thing. Thanks man.

Hey man,

Did you ever figure out a way to incorporate a pin? As in when someone hits the script home assistant requires a pin before opening?

Hi Twours,
I actually never tried too - our phones are always locked so I didn’t require it, good idea though!
Let us know if you figure it out.

New to this so apologies for dragging up an old post.

I have a ness alarm working on the dashboard after adding the code to the yaml file but I cannot get the aux outputs working. Where do I add this code and how do I configure it?

Hi Digitalization,
Sorry it’s taken a while to get back to you. The Auxiliary contacts are operated by calling a service I have it setup in a script, it’s in my “config/scripts/” folder which is referred to from my configuration file.
The file is simply called toggle_garage.yaml
To operate it I simply have a button call the script.

alias: Toggle Garage
sequence:
- data:
    output_id: 2
    state: true
  service: ness_alarm.aux

For testing you can always use the developer->services tab to call the service, from there you can also get the yaml.

I hope that helps
Flatstrap

Thanks Flatstrap. Now have the outputs automated in HA.