Nest cameras quit after a day or two

I am having a problem with my Nest integration. I deleted everything and started fresh when we had to change the authentication method. I have 4 doorbell cameras and 2 thermostats. Everything works fine (after a lot of frustration and YouTube videos). The cameras show a picture on my dashboard, and the thermostats work great.

The problem I am having is that after a day or so the cameras start to drop out. I just get a grey box instead of a picture. Most of the time I can just reload the nest integration and they all come back up. But every so often I have to restart HA completely. I never loose control of the thermostats.

Below is a copy of a log from one of the cameras.

Logger: homeassistant.components.stream.stream.camera.barn
Source: components/stream/init.py:416
Integration: Stream (documentation, issues)
First occurred: July 29, 2022 at 3:44:25 PM (232 occurrences)
Last logged: 1:50:32 PM

Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (HTTP_FORBIDDEN, Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied)) rtsps://stream-uc2-delta.dropcam.com:443/sdm_live_stream/CiUA2vuxr6PoHWl2qpF8s4W7PpmfpVGVEhfEGh8Yu_LLS0-dguE8EnAAmMEfeem6wG_VmHu13gg3f7uyUBq7dyuHmp5_S6j5_fgSEJmlEHiu2gldD6QzqK61_wAJTaCtmFReRv2X0pTlGBAr_RdJWAxoDQIXT1R-zEWqfCplbg96-gRUpyOUhustI0jdgp7CTXl0Dg8lH0uU?auth=****
Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (HTTP_NOT_FOUND, Server returned 404 Not Found) rtsps://stream-uc2-delta.dropcam.com:443/sdm_live_stream/CiUA2vuxr908B8ZwRlB2Waw50V9jBltzW_kzo9a2Bk3W-eEWgo-MEnEAmMEfeYmQrMdfCJCLvpViEAHkToJpXHa7xz9JDg-gJrhlcCJ1TG30SCfqaNMwbwJ7FdEZgT99QDRnBOU_I5E5LyjqsKl25cLaQN7ZsZAc7e54qtqbM3Lc2mAGKsGRjVEFthL46_r4QeEdz9pSs3Km1Q?auth=****
Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (HTTP_NOT_FOUND, Server returned 404 Not Found) rtsps://stream-uc2-delta.dropcam.com:443/sdm_live_stream/CiUA2vuxr9YdQZ-p_x4cQEywUUIFj-nei9M0l0sM_GbU1gBUNcyxEnEAmMEfecgoUUaMGyAqqT5ZLf-qzh0QAvMUOZctqQwSt-eSTY3XTJtJuOTsfPuZg15Qf0og3jUfoP_QgPJ8cwbOS3tm2gXidwVzlCWOjqQCErfESE0Z6bNnJyAg-de73qv66nKpnArhp9XGBPRjLvMyBw?auth=****
Error from stream worker: Error opening stream (INVALIDDATA, Invalid data found when processing input) rtsps://stream-uc2-delta.dropcam.com:443/sdm_live_stream/CiUA2vuxr908B8ZwRlB2Waw50V9jBltzW_kzo9a2Bk3W-eEWgo-MEnEAmMEfeYmQrMdfCJCLvpViEAHkToJpXHa7xz9JDg-gJrhlcCJ1TG30SCfqaNMwbwJ7FdEZgT99QDRnBOU_I5E5LyjqsKl25cLaQN7ZsZAc7e54qtqbM3Lc2mAGKsGRjVEFthL46_r4QeEdz9pSs3Km1Q?auth=****
Error from stream worker: Stream has no video

2 Likes

Similar situation over here. Nest cams were streaming without issue for the last few years, but recently (over the last month or so) required me to reload the Nest integration several times a day as the streams go blank. Hoping someone has some guidance for us.

Thank You!

1 Like

I have yet to find a solution to this. Anyone with some suggestions?

1 Like

No solution but I am facing the same issue than you guys

1 Like

Still having this drop-off issue with my three Nest cams. This annoyance pushed me to look into alternative manufacturers, and so far I’m having good luck with the Eufy cam I picked up on Amazon for less than $50. Just wanted to share this for what its worth, as this product and the OK integration with Home Assistant makes it a great cost effective option. I’m experiencing considerably quicker response time from this cam with configurable AI triggers for human, pet and sound detection. Picture quality is good, and has PTZ and motion tracking features that the NestCam does not.

I have not found a fix yet. But did a work around that helps a bit. I setup a automation to reload my 4 cameras every 4 hours. It doesn’t always fix the problem 100% of the time. But does help.

1 Like

can you guide me about how to create this automation? thanks!

Anyone have any luck figuring this out yet?

I added my nest cameras to my wall mounted tablet so i can see who is at my front door and have the same issue where it dies except for me it usually only workss for an hour or two. really disappointing. if there was an option to show a snap shot every 5 seconds or something, I would be fine with that.

I have this problem as well. I’ve tried everything I can think of including removing the integration and re-setting it up. The problem remains.

A friend has Nest cameras too but his work very well and are much more stable/reliable.

Anyone find a solve on this? Having the same exact issue?

Or anyone have a template to do a auto reset of the nest integration?