Nest Fan and Temperature Control Stopped Working

About a week ago, the Nest integration’s fan and temperature control stopped working. Oddly enough, the mode (i.e. heat/cool/eco/etc) still works. I tried completely deleting the Nest integration, and recreating the Google Cloud project. No luck.

Any ideas what might be happening? Here is how I’m calling the fan, the GUI controls also don’t work:

- service: climate.set_fan_mode
    data:
      fan_mode: "on"
    target:
      entity_id:
        - climate.firstfloor

I turned on debug logging, nothing obvious there. Just an entry showing the SDM API being called:

2023-06-15 18:17:38.761 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.auth] request[post]=https://smartdevicemanagement.googleapis.com/v1/enterprises/{GUID}/devices/{GUID}:executeCommand
2023-06-15 18:17:38.761 DEBUG (MainThread) [google_nest_sdm.auth] request[post json]={'command': 'sdm.devices.commands.Fan.SetTimer', 'params': {'timerMode': 'ON', 'duration': '43200s'}}

I’m seeing the same issue; curious if you’ve found a solution or a workaround, @DocBrown

1 Like

Nope, still broken. The only “work around” is to use the Google Assistant SDK integration to start the fans. But, I’ve not been able to find a way to run the fans longer than 15 minutes, and there is not off/stop option. If you find anything better, please let me know!

1 Like

Me too.
Nest worked for ~ 2 years, now it’s failing, no logging.

1 Like

I opened a bug on GitHub: Nest Integration No Longer Functioning · Issue #96180 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

I’ve created a bug report with Google. If you’re also experiencing this issue, please add a comment to this report:

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/290592590

Following up to this, my guess is google had degraded support of the fan on Nest Thermostats? Are people still handling this the the Google API passing through a command still limited to 15 mints or has someone found a work around? It’s important to me as I have a second mini split that is more efficient for heating but it’s only in one room and I want to have the main house system run the fan to move that heat around as a kind of poor man’s 2 stage heating solution.

This is still an open issue. Currently, the fan can start, but can’t be stopped by HA. Seems to only affect older generations of thermostats.