Nest integration does not show all entities from doorbell camera

Hello all

I’ve tried searching the forums, but can’t find a similar issue. I have set up the Nest integration as per instructions and it seems to work to some extend. I have a Nest door bell camera, and I’m able to pull the camera image fine.

Just one strange thing, I only have one entity for the camera : camera. I’m missing the person/sound/button pressed entities, see picture.

2021-02-27 20_19_31-Window

I have checked the settings over and over again and can’t figure out what I am doing wrong. In the Google Cloud console it show that there is traffic on the subscription.

Hope someone has had the same problem and solved it.

/Michael

I’m seeing the exact same thing. I just removed the integration earlier today and reran through all of the steps to set up a new subscription. But I still only see the camera entity on the Home Assistant side.
I spent time earlier searching for clues, but nothing yet. Will continue to dig in. The integration page implies that these entities should work as well.

Brent

I guess I just had to post something here to figure this out…

I misinterpreted the docs. The camera shows up as an entity, but motion, doorbell press, etc. are all device events. If, for example, you add your doorbell to an automation, you will see what you’re looking for in the trigger pull-down menu under your device.

Hello Brent

You are absolutely right - usually, as soon as you start explaining someone your struggles, you realize the solution yourself !

Thank you for your clarification, and I can confirm you are right!

I’m still struggling with the "doorbell button pressed -> do “browser_mod.popup” with live view, but I will get there eventually.

Thanks for your help Brent !

Regards Michael

Did you get there? And like to share ? :slight_smile:

Hello Ontrackx

I alway want to share, but I didnt solve this unfortunately. I must admit, I forgot all about it again, after I installed Google HUB’s various places, and they pop-up the live stream by themselves when doorbell is pressed.

/Michael