Nest Thermostat integration keeps throwing "Too Many Requests'"

Just tried this last night. Guess I’ll see if it stops happening but right after I got one.

any more issues?

@omnivoyager yes, still having the same issue.

Even worse now… just randomly needs to be reconnected cause all the devices were not working for days.

Sorry you’re still having trouble, unfortunately, I’m no real help seeing that I’m not an advanced coder; pushing my API project live is what did it for me.

Hi @jarrett – to clarify: are you saying that you are forced through the re-authentication flow? If it forces you to re-authenticate every 7 days, it may be related to a setting in the OAuth Consent screen. See Reauthentication required often in the integration troubleshooting section of the documentation:
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/nest/#troubleshooting – someone mentioned this earlier in the thread, but you said you already checked this so just wanted to confirm.

I would be happy to help dig deeper into the issues you are seeing if you can give me some additional details, or want to file a github issue with logs, and an explanation with a little more technical detail.

Meanwhile, check out all the troubleshooting steps in the docs that cover 95% of the problems people report in this forum.

Yeah it’s not a reauthentication issue. I get a rate limit error. I can get the exact error message when I’m on the computer. Is there any other information I should include besides some log messages?

@jarrett Whats the “reconnected” problem?

I am also getting the too many requests error. @jarrett did you ever resolve this?

@allenporter this was from me not having the app in production mode.

@loaxley nope still randomly happens.

I set this up a few days ago for my two thermostats and have been experiencing the same issue. It, unfortunately, makes it basically unusable.

Yup, same. I have uninstalled and reconnected the integration to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

Is the oauth consent screen in testing or production?

Also seems like something changed on the api side given the discussion here and github issue filed. Rate Limited and Other API Errors Make Integration Unusable · Issue #49095 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

I’d check the oauth consent screen setting, otherwise I’ll be following up in the github issue as we learn more.

I also get that “Too Many Requests” error when touching the slider a couple times :cry:
(I only have one 3rd gen Nest thermostat)
NB : I also lose the authentication regularly and need to re-authenticate from the Nest integration (but that might be another issue)

Make sure the oauth consent screen is set to production instead of testing to fix your log out issue.

I’ve filed a request with the sdm api developers to look at adjusting request limits.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I went to https://console.developers.google.com/apis/credentials/consent
clicked the button under “Publishing status” and chose Confirm
It now reads “In production”
I’ll see how it goes in the future :crossed_fingers:

Getting the same error with my Nest integration. My publishing status has always been “in Production” and I don’t see many errors in controlling my thermostat. My problems stem from the updates of the temperature and humidity entities. They hardly ever update on their own, and only pull new data when reloading hte integration.
There seems to be several people floating around the forum and internet with the same issue, with no solution other than reconnecting dozens of times until one sticks for awhile. Not really interested in that game. I actually only want the temp and humidity data for graphing so I might give up on Nest integration and get another sensor.

I have been experiencing the same issue and double-checked that it’s in production mode.

I’m guessing there isn’t any throttling occurring on the slider move event, which is thus sending a crazy number of requests.

Hi,
Are you saying you also aren’t getting updates to temperature? Happy to help you diagnose, though first check out the trouble shooting tips for not receiving updates here: Nest - Home Assistant including tips for how to check error messages and look at behavior on the cloud console. Let me know if I can help.