Nest thermostat official integration error Check configuration

Hello to all
I have set up the Nest integration for the thermostat which works perfectly.
but when I have to update HASSIO I run version test with “Check Home Assistant configuration”
where the following error comes out
if I delete the settings in config.yaml and do the check again, everything is ok.
But all the versions I have to enter # and after the update remove them.
Does it just happen to me?

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.
[s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.
[fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...
[fix-attrs.d] done.
[cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: executing... 
[cont-init.d] udev.sh: exited 0.
[cont-init.d] done.
[services.d] starting services
[services.d] done.
[21:29:52] INFO: Don't worry, this temporary installation is not overwriting your current one.
[21:29:52] INFO: Installing Home Assistant: latest...
[21:29:52] INFO: Please be patient, this might take a few minutes...
[21:31:22] INFO: Installed Home Assistant 2021.9.7
[21:31:22] INFO: Making a copy of your configuration for checking...
[21:31:23] INFO: Checking your configuration against this version...
[21:33:30] ERROR: The configuration check did not pass!
[21:33:30] ERROR: See the output below for more details.
Testing configuration at /tmp/config
Fatal error while loading config: The 'google-auth<2.0dev,>=1.25.0' distribution was not found and is required by google-api-core
Failed config
  General Errors: 
    - The 'google-auth<2.0dev,>=1.25.0' distribution was not found and is required by google-api-core

Successful config (partial)
[21:33:30] INFO: The full output has been written to /share/check_config.txt
[cont-finish.d] executing container finish scripts...
[cont-finish.d] done.
[s6-finish] waiting for services.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the TERM signal.
[s6-finish] sending all processes the KILL signal and exiting.

Did you solved this issue?

If this was solved please let me know. I have this same issues. Rather then delete the setting in config.yaml I just comment them out. Then after I do the upgrades I un-comment them and everything is happy once again.

What did you comment out? Then I will try it tomorrow also

Same issue for me, Did anyone figure this out? Damn Google!! lol

Do you have other integrations installed using HACS by chance? I remember w GitHub issues where this was caused by other integrstions violating the package versions required by home assistant.

I do have HACS integrations but I’ve been weeding out the ones I can part with trying to eliminate this problem. Thanks for the tip though, this sucks :expressionless:

Perhaps Google Nest integration failed to set up · Issue #55687 · home-assistant/core · GitHub is helpful

What’s throwing me off is that all my google devices are working perfectly in Home Assistant, I can cast to my speakers and control my Nest thermostat without errors when doing so.

Well… this doesn’t really have much to do with nest other than it happens to depend on these packages that have gotten into a state that is not allowed. The nest integration doesn’t care about any of these package versions really, since its not doing anything complex with them.

If you’re on home assistant os see the last item in the bug about rebuilding packages.

1 Like