Nest Thermostat temperature sensor much too stable

I am wondering if this is a known issue and if there are any methods to improve this. The temperature reported by my Nest is very insensitive to change, such that it will sit at one temperature for 12-14 hours at a time, meanwhile a Zigbee temp sensor a few feet away will show variations as much as two degrees, and my own perception of the temperature matches the Zigbee.

I bought a Nest temperature sensor puck hoping that would solve it, but it is similarly stable.

I don’t find that to be the case with any of my (7) Nests. There’s a lag, but it’s minimal.

(Ceiling Temp. in graph is readings from the vaulted LR ceiling, not at the Nest location height)

When it comes to google, I have the Home app to activate the Nests, but with the help of a Starling Hub they’re automated by time and temperature readings by HA, and also referenced through Apple HomeKit. I’m google-ignorant outside of getting my Nests to appear in HA & HK.

That said, the time period between 6pm and 12pm in the graph (where the Nest is sitting at 72deg.) suggests to me that there’s something other than the Nest’s temperature sensitivity going on during that period. Eco mode and schedules in the Google Home app (or however you command Nest activity) would be my focus if in your shoes.

I suppose, for others more experienced that might follow, more info on the nest model, how it is powered (wiring), and how you set up your climate controls would be useful for further troubleshooting.