Netatmo alike sensors for HA?

Hi

I own a Netatmo sensor (both inside and outside unit) that I’d like to replace with sensors fully and directly managed by HA ! Would you have some sensors to advice ?
For info Netatmo measures these stuffs:
-> temperature
-> humidity
-> barometer
-> CO2 Meter
-> Sound meter (not really useful for me so no big deal if I loose that !!

Side note: I have already a ZWave interface in my HA, so would prefer definitively sensors working in Wifi or directly in ZWave :slight_smile:

Thanks for your suggestions :wink:

Vincèn

You could do a very simple multisensor like this one with ESP8266… Check also the topic “Bruh multisensor” in hardware.
You just have to find cheap CO2, barometer and sound sensors then replace the PIR, Light and LED in BRUH’s sensor…

Oh thanks a lot for the link, it’s really nice and I have ordered the parts to build few ones for my system ! I’m just not sure if I need the Arduino or if the NodeMCU board can connect directly by Wifi to my existing HA system…

nodeMCU connects to WiFi and post message using MQTT. You can have a MQTT server installed on you Pi (using mosquitto for instance). This will allow HA and the nodeMCU to communicate

Thanks for details, found a deb package to install in on my Ubuntu 16 where I have HA installed already :wink: Done configuration of MQTT and also in HA, but for now I see nothing appears ! I guess I need to get hw setup and linked to MQTT server before I see sometihing extra in HA !
Hardware ordered and waiting for it now !

You can post somethings in your MQTT topic and check if it’s all functioning properly (see video at 4:30).
For now I have a total of 3 nodeMCU sensors (I am still waiting for some sensors though) and they are all working great with MQTT and HA :

• In living room I have the same one as described in BRUH’s video + IR sending diode (that can turn on and off some unsmart things like a micro hi-fi stereo,…)
  • In garage I have one with temp/humidity, 433 RF receiver (that can detect if mailbox was open using a door sensor, and detect if someone pressed on the doorbell), and an ultrasonic distance sensor (to check if garage door is open/closed and if a car is in the garage)
  • In bedroom, i have basically the same that in the living room, but I am planing to use it to build a custom alarm clock as well

I have a sensor from http://www.vair-monitor.com/ working flawlessly with home assistant. The vAir Monitors are technically very similar to the project linked above, but come prebuild in a simple 3D printed encasing. They use WIFI and can be integrated as HTTP sensors or via MQTT in home assistant. Very good support, too.

@code_talker Thanks for link, interesting sensors and cheap :slight_smile: