Netatmo authentication update

Dear all,

Yesterday I have received the mail below from Netatmo.
Is the refresh token already in use for the Netatmo integration in HA?

Many thanks for the feedback.

Kind regards,

Robin

Dear Netatmo developer,

As of today, when you refresh an Access Token using the associated endpoint https://api.netatmo.com/oauth2/token, Netatmo servers respond with a couple of tokens : an Access Token and a Refresh Token.

If the previous Access Token is still valid, the newly returned access token is identical but its expiration time is extended for 3 hours.

In any case, the refresh token is not renewed.
Starting from the 17/04/2023, this behavior will change to to be compliant with the recommendations of the [RFC of the OAuth2 Authorization Framework] (section 10.4) and improving the security of the data of our users.

When refreshing tokens, Access Token and Refresh Token will be automatically renewed and former tokens invalidated.
What does it means for me ?

If you were already updating the tokens provided when refreshing your tokens, this change will not impact you.

If you do not update the refresh token when refreshing your Access Token, your users will be disconnected after 3 hours as the former tokens will become invalidated.

To fix it, you need to update the tokens as soon as you get the newly generated ones.
Sincerely,

Legrand - Netatmo - Bticino

Hi, I got the same mail form Netatmo.
As far as I understand the integration needs to be changed.
@cgtobi is the guy who is maintaining the Netatmo integration.
Maybe he knows exactly what to do.

Hello, today, 18/04, one day after the auth change, I’m not able to add the netatmo integration to my HA, it just gives you the message:

Oops… an error occured

The netatmo service didn’t reply in time with a token. They might have problems at the moment. Please try again later.

I don’t have a fix, but am having the same problem trying to set up a new account.

Same issue:
The netatmo service didn’t reply in time with a token. They might have problems at the moment. Please try again later.

I too have this problem :pensive:

Same here, but my existing integration also failed to get data from Netatmo, so I tried to re-add it and got the same message. Issue stated late on 17 of April for me.

I didn’t see an issue for this on GitHub, so have opened one here: Netatmo Authentication Failing · Issue #91733 · home-assistant/core · GitHub

1 Like

i join the club - my two HA instances both stopped working. One few days ago and the second one now.
On both I cannot get the integration back with the exact same message

Hello, I had same pb yesterday morning after upgrade of Core version to 2023.4.6.
I tried many times to integrate again Netatmo without success, and this afternoon integration was OK, but in fact it is partially working : weather station, indoor air quality and thermostat are OK, but radiator valve are unavailable…

Same problem here, uninstalled and reinstalled the integration made things worse.
Reverted back to back-up, but it never came back.
A solution would be highly appreciated.

Still not working as of today

1 Like

The integration is still not working. Does anyone knows how we can speed up the development of the modification?

Same for me. Now I don’t event get the dialog that redirects me to the Netatmo page to allow access.

Same here! :frowning:

Same issue here! :frowning:

Same issue here…Netatmo ist one of my most value integration :frowning:

so, strangely enough, after about 30 minutes, the authorization worked … Btw.: this was the error message:

2023-05-24 18:01:10.871 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.config_entries] Config entry 'Home Assistant Cloud' for netatmo integration not ready yet: 504, message='Gateway Timeout', url=URL('https://account-link.nabucasa.com/refresh_token/netatmo'); Retrying in background