Netatmo cameras - no events

Hello all! Very new to home assistant… so most likely an idiot here.

I have been reading the topics and documentation about how to integrate the netatmo cameras and I am stuck. I can not figure out this without help.

Background:
I have the cloud service and i have registered a developer account for netatmo. Have the client id and client secret in the conifiguration.yaml. I have chosen the conifiguration.yaml in the install instead of the cloud.

I can see both cameras and i can stream them, but I dont seem to get in any events?
The log is empty of netatmo events.

So the questions are:

what should be the redirect and webhook URIs in the netatmo setup?

And external url in my config should be my cloud adress? Or?

I tried the port forward but then i started to realize that this should probably only be necessary if I dont have the cloud service, right?

Any ideas for what i should check?

Would appreciate any help a lot!

Thanks in advance!

no-one? :frowning:

For webhook events to be working it is required to expose your instance to the web on port 443. Best practice is to either use Nabu Casa or a reverse proxy in front. Once that is in place the integration is able to register the webhook at the Netatmo backend.

Hi, thanks for answering!

I have Nabu Casa, but I probabli have configured it wrong?

In the netatmo API, should I just type the Nabu Casa url “as is” on the webhook URI? Or do I have to modify it in any way?

redirect url blank?

No, you don’t need to set an URI on dev.netatmo.com. But you have to configure your external URI within HA. Raise the log level for Netatmo to INFO to get more insights on what is happening with the registration.

Thank you cgtobi,

Read some answers from you in another thread.

I have this in my log, 2021-02-24 22:46:03 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.netatmo.data_handler] Netatmo webhook successfully registered.
I assume it’s working then? I was under the understanding that I would get all the events in the regular log, and now I assume I will not? So I will have to configure the events in the config to actually get things to trigger?

If you just want to peak at what events your instance is receiving, just go to developer-tools/event and listen for netatmo_event.

For inspiration on how to use events take a look at the Netatmo webhook event cookbook.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your time!

1 Like

Hi, thank you so much for all your support on netatmo. I have configured homeassistant and netatmo but I do not have Nabu Casa. I have created an API in netatmo dev and I was able to integrate my netatmo camara in home assistant (via yaml). My issue is that I do not see any movement event so I cannot make work any automatization. It is possible to see the events without nabu casa or a reverse proxy? Thank you!

It is possible without Nabu Casa and also without a reverse proxy. As long as HA is reachable for the Netatmo webhook I don’t see why this would not work.

Do I have to open any port (in addition to the 8123)?. Below how I configurated the API. I have do it correctly? Thank you!! I do not get what I am doing wrong :frowning:

As the documentation mentions you have to expose your instance either via port 80 or 443.

I feel so stupid. Sorry to bother you. Do I have the configuration correctly in netatmo dev? do I have to change or remove redirect URI or webhook URI? I have also opened the port 80 (see below) and redirected to the IP of my raspberry. When I go to XXXX.duckdns.org:80 I am redirected to 8123 and I see my home assistant so I suppose that I did it correcly. What I am doing wrong or miss?

now I got this message in logs every time I moved around the web so webhook is detecting something. It is getting closer but I still not there because netatmo_movement is not triggered

You don’t need to set neither redirect nor webhook URI on the Netatmo dev portal.

Did you set the external URL in Home Assistant? Open your Home Assistant instance and show your general Home Assistant settings.

Also raise the log level for the netatmo integration to at least INFO to see whether the webhook is successfully registered.

We got it!! Thank you so much!!! What did you mean “Also raise the log level for the netatmo integration to at least INFO to see whether the webhook is successfully registered.”? I entered the URL in external URL with the :443 instead of 8123 and it worked!

1 Like