Netatmo in HA 0.105

Did you remove the integration completely by commenting out the code and restarting HA?

It’s actually a “clean” install, with files from config/ copied from an older pi. On the older pi, netatmo worked pre 0.105.x.

But to be certain, I have now

1. commented out netatmo in configuration.yaml and also the old sensor groups.
  2. Restart home assistant core (not the full pi)
  3. uncommented the “netatmo:” part in configuration.yaml
  4. Restart home assistant core
  5. Add netatmo integration

Same result (invalid client)

Maybe next step is creating new app in netatmo connect? Will try and report back.

Thanks

Created new app in netatmo connect and repeated steps 1-5, still same results.

The link I’m sent to is

https://api.netatmo.com/oauth2/authorize?response_type=code

Shouldn’t it include client id & secret?

Do you use the configuration.yaml option or cloud when adding the integration?

Configuration.yaml

Not sure, but there seems to be an issue with SSL and duckdns maybe? I just retried in my test system which is not open to the WAN, so it can’t be any open ports or such.

Since the update, the Netatmo cameras do not show the video stream anymore. Neither in the preview nor when you click on them.

Camera

The states of the cameras itself appear:

The rest of my Netatmo devices work fine (thermostats and weather stations). My base_url in the configuration.yaml is set to the nabucasa cloud link address. The reason is that my router does not support nat loopback. Therefore, I cannot use internally the duckdns address.

The during the Netatmo setup process I had to select cloud instead of configuration.yaml. When I used the configuration.yaml option, I got the wrong link address for the Netatmo configuration.

I am currently running Home Assistant 0.105.2. It was working fine with version 0.104

The cloud doesn’t support camera features since HA isn’t certified by Netatmo yet. We’re working on that. Until then only the yaml variant is fully working with camera access.

Hi,

I’ve been troubleshooting quite a lot, and it seems that the root cause on my system is that the netatmo sensors are not removed when removing the netatmo: section in configuration.yaml and restarting home assistant server.

On my system (restored 0.104.3), a grep for netatmo in config/.storage (after reboot) give quite a lot of hits, a subset is included below. Deleting .storage/core.entity_registry did solve the problem for me on an “experimental” 0.105.0.

core.entity_registry:                "entity_id": "sensor.netatmo_taggsvampen_ute_max_temp",
core.entity_registry:                "platform": "netatmo",
core.entity_registry:                "entity_id": "sensor.netatmo_taggsvampen_ute_reachability",
core.entity_registry:                "entity_id": "sensor.netatmo_taggsvampen_vardagsrum_temperature",core.entity_registry:                "platform": "netatmo",
core.entity_registry:                "entity_id": "sensor.netatmo_taggsvampen_vardagsrum_co2",

I will try to reproduce the workaround in a more precise approach on 0.105.2 (to make sure that the contents of core.entity_registry was indeed the problem, my “brute force” troubleshooting approach generated some “collateral adjustments”).

Thanks

The solution (to my problem) was actually very simple, and my analysis above is completely wrong .

Solution: do not use the iPhone home assistant app when configuring netatmo for 0.105.2!

1 Like

@cgtobi
If I read it correctly, people that use the camera webhooks can’t upgrade to 0.105. Is there a specific reason why the new integration was introduced in this release with only a subset of the previous functionality?
To me it seems as if I can’t upgrade Home Assistant for an unknown amount of time because of that now. Depending on the development pace that could possibly cover multiple releases, causing the upgrade to be rather painful once webhooks are back again.
So, yeah, if my assumption about the webhook-functionality is correct, why wasn’t the release of the new integration delayed until all previous features are functional?

The webhooks were partially broken. That’s why I removed them. For why it was released as is, simply because nobody objected. Neither during alpha and beta testing nor during the review phase.

Shame about the webhooks, they were a key part of my security automations and I’m about to roll back to 0.104 to get them back.

Any idea on an ETA for them in 0.105.x?

Please understand that I wont give an ETA, let alone promise to bring them back in 0.105. I am working on it is all I can say at the moment.

Setting up with the new Netatmo configuration I can see Netatmo Welcome camera recording but no Netatmo Presence camera entity anywhere. Does this breaking changes impact also the possibility to watch my Netatmo Presence camera?

Thanks

Not that I’m aware of. I had multiple beta testers with welcome and presence cameras and all seemed to work as expected.

After some reboots (due to others changes) and changing nothing on netatmo platform, integration page started showing me the missing entity! So now everything is fine, maybe it needed some time to load the camera if the signal was bad?
By the way thanks for the support!

EDIT: little update…now the entity is there but often the state is “unavailable” also if on netatmo website the camera it’s working…maybe the new integration is more susceptible with low quality signal.

1 Like

I’ve used the netatmo component files from 0.104.3 to create a custom component in 0.105.3 and everything including webhooks appears to be working fine.

1 Like