Netatmo in HA 0.105

I cannot seem to get this working. “netatmo_event” isn’t producing data.

So after a lot of poking around, I found this on netatmo my apps page:

"Your app has been webhook banned. To avoid being banned, your application must always return '200' and answer quickly to our server (< 10sec). If your application did not answer quick enough or if it returned another code more than five times in a row, your webhook will be deactivated during 24 hours. To manually unban your app, click on the button below."

Any idea why this is happening ? I tried to unban it, but still cannot get this working, netatmo_event isn’t producing data.

EDIT: Solution, my base_url was missconfigured missing the https:// in front of the url.

How do you expose your instance? Which port do you use? Any proxy?

I use hassos with “nginx proxy manager” addon.
Like I posted above the problem was base_url was configured badly.

http:
  base_url: xx.xxxx.xxx:443

I needed to change that to

http:
  base_url:  https://xx.xxxx.xxx:443

I guess I should have picked up on this earlier, because I ran into issue a while back with the IOS app sending http calls to https port and thus not working. Didn’t connect the dot’s then, but I guess it’s same issue.

Sorry, missed your edit.

HA 0.108.0
All Netatmo sensors report as unavailable.
Tried to delete integration from HA UI, deleted thrid party app on Netatmo site/App and readded netatmo integration from UI.

Now the linking is stuck on the Nabu Casa Message " Please Wait we are linking your acount"

When checking in the netatmo app it show Home assistant Cloud as a third party app again.

My all sensors also went out… but it seems to be related to Netatmo itself. I started separate thread about this: Weird Netatmo behavior (perhaps not HA related)
Could you check if symptoms you observe are the same, please?

HA 108.0
Sensors report propery to my.netatmo.com
But show unavailable in HA.
Tried to delete and readd Integration.
But Linking the Accounts hangs at Nabucasa.

Eh… not used to much to using my.netatmo.com directly… I just realized that I misread the graph. Indeed not only sensors report properly, but also graphs are OK.
So bottom line my issue might be exactly the same as yours… the difference being that I did not tired yet to delete and reenable the integration, so did not faced issue with Nabucasa…

And one more thing - I just read the main thread about 0.108 and it seems that there was something wrong with 0.108.7 regarding Nabucasa and is fixed now in 0.108.8 - perhaps you should try to update and relink now.

EDIT: just updated to 0.108.8 and no change… no Netatmo sensors available…

I upgraded to 109.2 today (Hassio) and my Netatmo values are back. Strange thing (?) is that I have no secret key or not even anything in my yaml file about Netatmo I have now realised. How can it be that I see the values from all sensors anyhow?

You are using the HA Cloud link. As long as you’re using no camera that is fine right now. Azure had some issues (Which is where Netatmo runs on AFAIK) in the past weeks which should be fixed a little from what I’ve heard.

Aha, so that’s why. Yes, you are correct, I see that I have HA Cloud as a 3rd party integration in my Netamo account. Puuhhh :-). But do you mean this will disappear so in the future I will have to set up as in the Integration description?

1 Like

Yes, there two ways. Currently only the non-cloud link one supports cameras until we’re certified.

2 Likes

Where are the instructions to the non cloud link?

In the documentation.

1 Like

Hi,

My entry in config is the following:

netatmo:
  client_id: !secret netatmo_client_id
  client_secret: !secret netatmo_secret_key

But I constantly get the following warnings:

## Log Details (WARNING)

Logger: homeassistant.helpers.entity
Source: __main__.py:347 
First occurred: 8:49:58 AM (10 occurrences) 
Last logged: 8:58:12 AM

* Update of camera.netatmo_garage is taking over 10 seconds
* Update of camera.netatmo_back_yard is taking over 10 seconds

Is there a way to get rid of this issue. What causes this problem to keep re-occurring?

Thanks for looking into this issue.

in the mean time the number of occurrences is 32 and the following message appeared:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 279, in async_update_ha_state
    await self.async_device_update()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 472, in async_device_update
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.update)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/camera.py", line 217, in update
    cid=self._camera_id
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyatmo/camera.py", line 284, in camera_urls
    temp_local_url = check_url(vpn_url)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyatmo/camera.py", line 277, in check_url
    resp = self.authData.post_request(url=f"{url}/command/ping")
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyatmo/auth.py", line 168, in post_request
    if "application/json" in resp.headers.get("content-type")
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'headers'

and an error is showing up:

Log Details (ERROR)

Logger: pyatmo.auth
Source: components/netatmo/camera.py:217
First occurred: 8:51:08 AM (32 occurrences)
Last logged: 10:07:59 AM

Too many retries

But both cameras are working normally!

Sadly the cloud link does not work.
My neatmo Sensors stopped updating values about two weeks ago.
Tried to remove and re add the integration.
Sadly it gets stuck at the Please wait, we are linking your account… nabucasa page.
About two weeks ago it could be re added but threw errors.

Would love to get Netatmo back.

This happened on two totally independent installations of HA

When I try to set it up with configuration.yaml it adds the integration but does not find sensors. This is in my log

First occurred: 1:18:21 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 1:18:21

Error while setting up netatmo platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 178, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 146, in async_setup_entry
    async_add_entities(await hass.async_add_executor_job(get_entities), True)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 142, in get_entities
    entities.extend(find_entities(data))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 117, in find_entities
    all_module_infos = data.get_module_infos()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 552, in get_module_infos
    return self.station_data.getModules()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyatmo/weather_station.py", line 89, in getModules
    "module_name": m["module_name"],
KeyError: 'module_name'