Netatmo problem integration

My Netatmo weather stations are working fine on 116.4 if you want me to test anything let me know

I’m just waiting for a new upstream release. It is fixed already just not released and updated in HA.

Should it work in the 0.117 update? Mine doesn’t seem to be still.

No, since it has not been released yet as I mentioned above.

Hello :slight_smile:
In which Home Assistant version will the Netatmo patch be added ?

Probably 0.117.3.

1 Like

I solved my problem with this:
pip install --upgrade https://github.com/cgtobi/netatmo-api-python/releases/download/v4.1.0b1/pyatmo-4.1.0-py3-none-any.whl

Enter it inside the homeassistant container in portainer, if you’re running Hassio.

Found the solution in a github comment on some pretty random issue, by cgtobi, about 2 weeks into researching how to get my new Netatmo weather station to work with HA. (Never give up!?) It seems this only hits very few, probably new users in the latest versions, without an old sensor config?

2 Likes

Yes, as far as I understand this affected only a few with new stations and will be addressed by Netatmo eventually.

Upgraded to 0.117.3 and my weather sensors are back :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi,
I updated to 0.117.3 yesterday and after that the Netatmo sensors have been displayed. To me it looks like they report the current value as soon as the system starts but after that the status is not updated anymore. In the admin view the sensors are display as unavailable, but the glance card shows values from the time the system started.

Additionally I see the following entry in the log:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: components/netatmo/data_handler.py:117
Integration: Sensor ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sensor), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+sensor%22))
First occurred: 8:40:55 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 8:40:55

Error while setting up netatmo platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 197, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.shield(task) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 227, in async_setup_entry await add_public_entities(False) File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/sensor.py", line 201, in add_public_entities await data_handler.register_data_class( File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/data_handler.py", line 149, in register_data_class await self.async_fetch_data( File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/netatmo/data_handler.py", line 117, in async_fetch_data self.data[data_class_entry] = await self.hass.async_add_executor_job( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) TypeError: __init__() got an unexpected keyword argument 'LAT_NE'´

Is there anything I can try to solve this?

This is the public weather sensors that is broken. If you don’t rely on other fixes in 0.117.3 you can downgrade to 0.117.2 for now. A fix is already submitted.

Super :slight_smile: Netatmo works great. Thank you for solving the problem :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Is Netatmo broken with 0.117.5? None of my sensors are available suddenly…! Any help appreciated.

1 Like

Same here :frowning:

Can you please give me more details?

Oddly enough, I went to bed with none of the sensors available and woke up with all sensors miraculously working. There was a short power outage during the night and everything re-booted…

Ok, let me know if that issue reappears.

hi
my weather sensor are off line in 0.117.6
this is the error
2020-11-14 04:56:58 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.logging] Exception in async_entity_message_received when handling msg on ‘homeassistant/sensor/netatmo_cameretta_2_battery/config’: '{
“name”: “netatmo_Cameretta Battery”,
“state_topic”: “homeassistant/sensor/netatmo_cameretta_2_battery/state”,
“value_template”: “{{ value_json.value | int }}”,
“unit_of_measurement”: “%”,
“device_class”: “battery”,
“unique_id”: “netatmo_cameretta_2_battery”,
“json_attributes_topic”: “homeassistant/sensor/netatmo_cameretta_2_battery/attributes”

This is not a Netatmo sensor but a template sensor error in your logs.
Please check the actual sensor/attribute.

Sorry to revive this old thread, but all of my Netatmo weather sensors started reporting “unknown” last night after having worked for weeks. Removed the integration and re-added, still the same thing. I can log in to my Netatmo account and see all of the weather data, so the sensors are working.
There don’t seem to be any errors logged in Home Assistant.
I am linked using Nabu Casa.
I am using v0.118.4

1 Like