Netatmo Smart Indoor Siren

Hi all,

Does anyone know if the Netatmo Indoor Sirene is fully functional with Home Assistant?

2 Likes

If you have one we can get it going.

I will let you know when it arrives :).

1 Like

I have one now, can I help in the development?

If you don’t mind get in contact with me on discord.

Hello,

any progress so far ? I also got a siren from netatmo and would love integration!

thanks in advance,

Not explicitly, but it probably sends out webhook events. If we can gather those it can be implemented/exposed.

If you tell me how to check / help i can retrieve needed data for you

Thanks in advance,

1 Like

note : the siren is connected using BLE to the camera, the siren itself is NOT connected to wifi.
So if there are any hooks, they should come from the camera :

CONNECTIVITY SPECIFICATIONS

Wireless connection with the Smart Indoor Camera via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
https://pro.netatmo.com/eu/siren/specifications

1 Like

If you’re on a recent version go to the developers section and events. There you can listen for netatmo_event (at the bottom of the page). It will print all event below.

Ok,

then i understand i must be in “listen” mode while at the same time, triggering alarm or launching deterrent sound from the application (dog, baby cries, hover, etc…);

will be able to test when i’m alone in the house tomorrow, i’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

So, i did it, and i triggered the alarm from the app itself. no event at all.

As it is a BLE connection between the camera and the siren, i’m unsure if we will be able to do anything with it …

That’s a shame, as i have aqara door and vibrations sensors, i wanted to be able to trigger the alarm if one of the sensors detects something …

any advice ?

Did you make sure that you’re receiving any webhook events at all?

Haha, I figured that two days ago, i was not receiving the webhooks but i have cleared this issue now.

I will retest this afternoon and keep you posted

1 Like

So i did retest, and yes, there are some webhooks :slight_smile:

{
    "event_type": "netatmo_event",
    "data": {
        "type": "siren_sounding",
        "data": {
            "user_id": "**REMOVED_HEXADECIMAL**",
            "event_type": "siren_sounding",
            "device_id": "**REMOVED_MACADDRESS**",
            "home_id": "**REMOVED_Home_HEXADECIMAL**",
            "home_name": "Maison",
            "camera_id": "**REMOVED_MACADDRESS**(same as previous one)",
            "event_id": "**REMOVED_EventID_HEXADECIMAL**",
            "module_id": "**REMOVED_MACADDRESS**(Not the same - maybe bluetooth siren)",
            "sub_type": 2,
            "push_type": "NACamera-siren_sounding"
        }
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2020-08-18T09:01:57.990307+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "**REMOVED_HEXADECIMAL**",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Also, note that it is possible to send commands to the siren from the Netatmo app (like dogs barking, baby crying, home sounds (like hoover etc), but when i do this, no netatmo_event are triggered.
I wonder if there is a possibility to send a command like a “set_siren_sound” the same as “set_person_away” listed here : https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/netatmo/#set-person-away

1 Like

hi @cgtobi
Anything more needed to integrate the netatmo siren ?

off topic :
moreover, i know how webhooks working, however, i now need to automate some “presence graphs” as well as nodered flows…
any tips on how to do that as this is not a “sensor” ? how can i get the state from the webhook ?
I have seen this : is it the correct way forward : Netatmo in HA 0.105

Sorry, I haven’t had time yet. I’ll put it on my list. But triggering the siren without a documented API is a lot of guess work.

I have no idea about node red, sorry. You gotta use events. Check out the Netatmo webhook based event cookbook.

hello
i have two netatmo indoor siren with two welcome cams.
did someone manage to pilot the netatmo indoor siren with the webhook informations ?
i’m looking for this but i have difficulties to integrate that in home assistant.
thanks.

Any updates?