Netatmo Smart Indoor Siren

I have one now, can I help in the development?

If you don’t mind get in contact with me on discord.

Hello,

any progress so far ? I also got a siren from netatmo and would love integration!

thanks in advance,

Not explicitly, but it probably sends out webhook events. If we can gather those it can be implemented/exposed.

If you tell me how to check / help i can retrieve needed data for you

Thanks in advance,

1 Like

note : the siren is connected using BLE to the camera, the siren itself is NOT connected to wifi.
So if there are any hooks, they should come from the camera :

CONNECTIVITY SPECIFICATIONS

Wireless connection with the Smart Indoor Camera via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
https://pro.netatmo.com/eu/siren/specifications

1 Like

If you’re on a recent version go to the developers section and events. There you can listen for netatmo_event (at the bottom of the page). It will print all event below.

Ok,

then i understand i must be in “listen” mode while at the same time, triggering alarm or launching deterrent sound from the application (dog, baby cries, hover, etc…);

will be able to test when i’m alone in the house tomorrow, i’ll keep you posted.

1 Like

So, i did it, and i triggered the alarm from the app itself. no event at all.

As it is a BLE connection between the camera and the siren, i’m unsure if we will be able to do anything with it …

That’s a shame, as i have aqara door and vibrations sensors, i wanted to be able to trigger the alarm if one of the sensors detects something …

any advice ?

Did you make sure that you’re receiving any webhook events at all?

Haha, I figured that two days ago, i was not receiving the webhooks but i have cleared this issue now.

I will retest this afternoon and keep you posted

1 Like

So i did retest, and yes, there are some webhooks :slight_smile:

{
    "event_type": "netatmo_event",
    "data": {
        "type": "siren_sounding",
        "data": {
            "user_id": "**REMOVED_HEXADECIMAL**",
            "event_type": "siren_sounding",
            "device_id": "**REMOVED_MACADDRESS**",
            "home_id": "**REMOVED_Home_HEXADECIMAL**",
            "home_name": "Maison",
            "camera_id": "**REMOVED_MACADDRESS**(same as previous one)",
            "event_id": "**REMOVED_EventID_HEXADECIMAL**",
            "module_id": "**REMOVED_MACADDRESS**(Not the same - maybe bluetooth siren)",
            "sub_type": 2,
            "push_type": "NACamera-siren_sounding"
        }
    },
    "origin": "LOCAL",
    "time_fired": "2020-08-18T09:01:57.990307+00:00",
    "context": {
        "id": "**REMOVED_HEXADECIMAL**",
        "parent_id": null,
        "user_id": null
    }
}

Also, note that it is possible to send commands to the siren from the Netatmo app (like dogs barking, baby crying, home sounds (like hoover etc), but when i do this, no netatmo_event are triggered.
I wonder if there is a possibility to send a command like a “set_siren_sound” the same as “set_person_away” listed here : https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/netatmo/#set-person-away

1 Like

hi @cgtobi
Anything more needed to integrate the netatmo siren ?

off topic :
moreover, i know how webhooks working, however, i now need to automate some “presence graphs” as well as nodered flows…
any tips on how to do that as this is not a “sensor” ? how can i get the state from the webhook ?
I have seen this : is it the correct way forward : Netatmo in HA 0.105

Sorry, I haven’t had time yet. I’ll put it on my list. But triggering the siren without a documented API is a lot of guess work.

I have no idea about node red, sorry. You gotta use events. Check out the Netatmo webhook based event cookbook.

hello
i have two netatmo indoor siren with two welcome cams.
did someone manage to pilot the netatmo indoor siren with the webhook informations ?
i’m looking for this but i have difficulties to integrate that in home assistant.
thanks.

Any updates?

They work as in HA should receive a webhook even when it gets triggered. Beyond that there is no (official) API to do anything else with them. What are you missing?

I would like to have the possibility to trigger the siren Netatmo by HA when a captor detects a movement for example. I have already made the supervision with Node Red and netatmo_event, but I can not trigger the siren with an automation. The webhook can just supervise the event state… but make an action, no.

Yes, we all would like to be able to trigger it, BUT there is no (officially documented) API for the siren to make it happen.