Netatmo Thermostat Automation

Hi everyone!
I would like to control my Netatmo Thermostat using another temperature sensor instead of the integrated one… do you think will be possible?
The problem is that the Thermostat is in the corridor and usually the temperature is higher than the bedroom so I would like to place a new sensor (in this case a Xiaomi sensor) directly in the room and than try to control using HA!

Thanks

Hello,
I Have the same problem. All the Radiators Thermostat read a temperature higher compared to the real room one.
I wrote a very simple automation to override the internal temperature sensor with an external one.

- id: '1111111115'
  alias: Turn on
  trigger:
   platform: numeric_state
   entity_id: sensor.temperature
   below: 21.1
  action:
   service: climate.set_temperature
   data:
    entity_id: climate.netatmo_6_bagno_pp
    temperature: '23'
- id: '1111111116'
  alias: Turn off
  trigger:
   platform: numeric_state
   entity_id: sensor.temperature<sup>Text</sup>
   above: 21.3
  action:
   service: climate.set_temperature
   data:
    entity_id: climate.netatmo_6_bagno_pp
    temperature: '20'

It works but is really ugly. Does someone have ideas on how to improve it? For instance by integrating a thermostat card into a lovelace dashboard?

Thanks

Hello,

a first issue on the method I used. The Netatmo is in “Priority ECO”, despite that, when the automation sets the temperature “high” the central thermostat triggers the heating to start even if the central thermostat temperature is below the set point.
Does anyone know how to avoid this?

thanks

Hi marcome. Have you come closer to any solution here? I’m looking to do something similar…

Hello, I made a huge step up by using thermostat instead of automation.
Let me explain better. Since Netatmo is a closed system:
1- I created a virtual switch for each valve. On position set the valve temp to 30°, Off position set valve temperature to 10°.
2- in installed a xiaomi temp sensor in each room in a place reliable for capturing the correct temperature, not influenced by the radiator itself.
3- I used the switch inside a thermostat that uses as reference temperature the xiaomi temp sensor of the point 2.

At the end of the day all the smart functions of the Netatmo system are now useless but I have increased a lot the comfort and the resilience of the system to season’s temperature changes.

2 Likes

Have you had any luck using a “thermostat” in HASS?

I imagined something like a “virtual” thermostat controlling the Netatmo valves.

If [room temp] < [virtual thermostat temp] then adjust [netatmo set temp] = [netatmo measured temp]+2o C
If [room temp] > [virtual thermostat temp] then adjust [netatmo set temp] = [netatmo measured temp]-2o C
If [room temp] = [virtual thermostat temp] (+/- some margin) then adjust [netatmo set temp] = [netatmo measured temp]

Hello Marcome, could you explain a little more how you did it? I’m a bit lost with my new netatmo valves. What would it cost them to have left the true temperature sensor accessible.
Your message is from April 2021, maybe you have improved your system.

Hello, I’m interested to, what solution you have adopted?
Thank you

Hello marcome, do you use this setup today, I have a similar situation when i want to start /stop the singli valve reading the temperature from Xiaomi temperature sensor.
Thank you

Sorry for my late reply but I sold all my Netatmo trv and purchased moes one from aliexpress. The reason is that netatmo is a closed system so the only solution I found was the on off but was crazy using it with this expensive system. Moes valve are good enough for 1/5 of the price of Netatmo. Moreover they allow to set the adjustable delta temp, this parameter can be modified by an automation to align it to an external temperature sensor.

Ah, thank you :slight_smile: