Netatmo welcome camera add support for turn on and of monitoring

The netatmo welcome camera component for homeassistant works well, but it would be great to add support for suspend and resume monitoring, like a switch.

would be great to be able to automate camera on or off based on time, or presence information from devices and so on.

Regards,
Emil

Hi Emil,

facing the same issue as you - did you get this fixed / going?

Thanks for any feedback!

Best,
Marcus

Same issue here. Would love to be able to turn on/off the camera (off during the day when we are home). Is there a solution for this right now?

This is not supported by the official API yet.

Have solved this issue now with camera.disable_motion_detection / camera.enable_motion_detection. Does exactly what I looked for - maybe also helpful for you.

Thanks. This has recently been added.

When I call the service camera.disable_motion_detection, I got an error 'Failed to call service"

Here are the logs:

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/camera/__init__.py:444
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API ([documentation](https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/websocket_api), [issues](https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+label%3A%22integration%3A+websocket_api%22))
First occurred: 12:14:50 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 12:14:50 AM

[547759159520]

Traceback (most recent call last): 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 135, in handle_call_service 
    await hass.services.async_call( 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1445, in async_call 
    task.result() 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1480, in _execute_service 
    await handler.job.target(service_call) 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_component.py", line 204, in handle_service 
    await self.hass.helpers.service.entity_service_call( 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 593, in entity_service_call 
    future.result() # pop exception if have 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 664, in async_request_call 
    await coro 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/service.py", line 630, in _handle_entity_call 
    await result 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/camera/__init__.py", line 448, in async_disable_motion_detection 
    await self.hass.async_add_executor_job(self.disable_motion_detection) 
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run 
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) 
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/camera/__init__.py", line 444, in disable_motion_detection 
    raise NotImplementedError() 
NotImplementedError

I have no idea what is this error. Can anyone help me to fix it ?
Thanks in advance,
Regards,
lolongan

What camera do you have?

I have the indoor Netatmo Welcome

Actually there is no such thing for Netatmo cameras. You can only turn them off completely.
That’s the reason it was removed about a year ago.
Just use camera.turn_off instead.

Oh, did not know that. Thanks a lot.
camero.turn_off works.

1 Like

Yeah, not sure if it was explicitly mentioned back then.