Netro Integration

Very nice! Would love to see a lovelace config for Netro, that’d be so great.

Does anyone know then how to do this?

---------- quote ----------

Thank you, this was really helpful to me! Does anyone know how i can format the date time for outputting something like this?

{{ ((states(‘sensor.netro_front_zone_raw’) or “{}”) | replace("’",’"’) | from_json).start_time }}

At the moment it outputs canonical “2021-05-30T06:00:00” but i would just like it to display like “Sunday, May 30, 06:00”

I’m a newbie at this so would appreciate any help :slight_smile:

Just got the Netro with 12 zones, the GUI is really nice and clean but the hardware…bad wire connectors, keep getting loose and some of my zones don’t even activate my valves. Guess I’ll be returning it and building my own controller.

Oh, sorry to hear that. I really have had no probs with my Netro device. Have two of them for over 2 years.

@StefanoGiu could you help me at all with the time/date formatting as I mentioned above?

Hello,

I was wondering if someone had taken the time to build it into a custom component. I’m quite struggling to get the information out of the API with the commands list above. I think it would help a lot of folks that have this irrigation system.

2 Likes

Hi, I have it working,
but it does only read the status if sprinklers are triggered on via HA, if triggers via netro app (I tried for just a minute it is winter here) status doesn’t change.

I might end up scheduling it via HA instead of Netro, netro app never managed to make smart programs work, they are always to low or too high in terms of water use.

My little and simple card if anyone is interested, I Will probably end up improving it in the future…

type: entities
entities:
  - type: custom:multiple-entity-row
    entity: switch.netro_zone_1
    entities:
      - entity: switch.netro_zone_1
        name: false
        icon: mdi:water
        state_color: true
        tap_action:
          action: toggle
    show_state: false
    secondary_info:
      entity: sensor.netro_zone_1
    entity: switch.netro_zone_2
    entities:
      - entity: switch.netro_zone_2
        tap_action:
    secondary_info:
      entity: sensor.netro_zone_2
    entity: switch.netro_zone_3
    entities:
      - entity: switch.netro_zone_3
        tap_action:
    secondary_info:
      entity: sensor.netro_zone_3
    entity: switch.netro_zone_4
    entities:
      - entity: switch.netro_zone_4
        tap_action:
    secondary_info:
      entity: sensor.netro_zone_4
    entity: switch.netro_zone_5
    entities:
      - entity: switch.netro_zone_5
        tap_action:
    secondary_info:
      entity: sensor.netro_zone_5
    entity: switch.netro_zone_6
    entities:
      - entity: switch.netro_zone_6
        tap_action:
    secondary_info:
      entity: sensor.netro_zone_6
title: Riego
show_header_toggle: false

Can you activate the zones in netro from those entities? I have copied as swich and it creates them but does not activate them, the sensors do work well for me.
Can you share your swich and the parameters that you have put in configuration.yalm?

Thanks

Puedes activar desde esas entidades las zonas en netro? he copiado como swich y me las crea pero no las activa, los sensores si que me funcionan bien.
Puedes compartir tus Swich y los parametros que has metido en configuration.yalm?

Gracias

For me it is not working that good, with delays and sometimes missing information, I hoped they made a better integration, but I am starting to feel that I chose the worng “smart” sprinkler system, Orbyt hive looks way better. and Netro app is horrible to follow, so hard to make a manual watering for just 2 zones…

Hello, I am again trying to give netro another chance to see if I am able to activate or deactivate netro with HA.

Currently with StefanoGiu’s configuration and GeorgeBark’s I can read the zones and status but nothing more. Scripts and switches do not work.

Is it possible that your configurations are no longer operational?

I’m considering setting up something with relays in zigbee or esp…

Hello,
I’m thinking of giving this another try. Also send a few notes to Netro themselves related to this topic. Changing is for me not an option.

Regards,
Jens

1 Like

I have also only 2 zones that I’m covering. That said, currently I don’t monitor the environment - it runs by itself. Moved my HA environment, so need to redo the configuration work. My biggest problem is that I want to know if everything is working - meaning getting a view on the battery level of the Whisperer(s), the box itself, etc…
So basically the monitoring side - controls are less important to me as I hardly used/will use it

Hi,

Could you paste your configuration? I haven’t touched anything since I pasted my configuration and everything still running smoothly on my end. Did it ever work for you and then stopped working or it never worked at all?

Hi,

Is there any integration being developed ?

Thank you,
Carlos

Not that I’m aware of - would be very interested in this integration as well

I have many Netro devices and would love this integration!

Hi Jens

Would you be able to share how you managed to bring the real time Whisperer info into HomeAssistant please? I’m fine w/o battery reading, just need soil sensors.

Thank you!
Lew

1 Like

Hello good morning. I wanted to know what card I use to show the irrigation days?
thank you

1 Like

@ThaNerd
I would like to know which card you used to create the weekdays in the irrigation section, thank you.