Network issues with core-2023.6.0

I have HA installed on an Orcale VM VirtualBox (on a Windows 10) computer.

I updated to core-2023.6.0 last night and it completely killed my entire network.

The only thing that I could do was to restore a full backup of the PC running HA and with core-2023.5.4, all then all works fine.

After doing another full backup this morning, I tried again to update to core-2023.6.0 and exactly the same thing happens. The network becomes totally unusable.

When I try and ping my router from another PC, I get time outs and other errors and the occasional successful ping, but as soon as I revert to core-2023.5.4, everything is normal and pinging the router has 100% success, as it should, so there must be something in my settings that upsets core-2023.6.0 as I have not read about anyone with a similar problem.

Someone else just reported this effect too:

2 Likes

Same here, VMare on windows 11 , draytek router, I’m struggling to restore backup also, any tips?

I haven’t tried this but if you had a 2nd PC with a fixed IP address on the same IP range as the Windows 11 PC, if you connected the 2 via a network switch, and you could possibly use the GUI on the 2nd PC to restore the backup created when you updated.

I have had exactly the same problem…

DrayTek 2862 Router.
HA OS running in VMware Player, running on Windows Server 2019.
Physical machine has 2 NIC’s which are Teamed together.
HA VM is using bridged networking.

When I upgrade from core-2023.5.4 to core-2023.6.0, my router starts power cycling / rebooting which obviously breaks my internet connection.

If I reboot HA core, no change… If I reboot the HA OS, networking is restored but then same problem starts happening as soon as HA is running again.

I have now tried this twice… Once last night and again today.

Last night couldn’t even successfully restore a backup, so had no option but to recover my entire drive which contains the VM.

I currently have the HA OS shutdown as that was the only way I could have a stable enough internet connection to have a look around online, where I came across this post.

Looking at the other topic it seems that numerous people are having the same problem and also have DrayTek routers…

Hmmmm!!

I have exactly the same issue running HA in a VM on a Synology. Loading core-2023.6.0 completely kills the external network connections. There’s some limited connectivity to the local /24 subnet but any outgoing connection to an external service (YoLink etc) just fails.

Looks like something pretty basic in networking appears to be broken by 2023.6.0