Network mapping and monitoring

Hi All,

By now I have several pi’s, nuc, nas, router, several switches, printer, tv’s and more elements in my home network.

I’m looking for a tool / app to map my networks visually and monitor each of the elements.

How do you manage yoir home network?

1 Like

Also interesting, watching this thread :slight_smile:
Now i have no visual, just having binary sensor with pings

I use mostly ubiquity (unify) network equipment. I use a unify cloud key (the software is available to run on a separate computer) that shows all unify switches and AP’s. The controller allows you to set names, icons and allows renaming and monitoring of all devices. See attached screen shot. With static mapping from the router I can trace most anything on the network.

The cost my be prohibitive to switch out all you current gear.

Angry IP scanner may help with some of the mapping but it is not complete.

Hit return too quickly - here is how the whole network looks

I’m using a FritzBox! modem/router and that has the mapping baked in it…

Thanks, but I need a solution that is now for a specific hardware.
Any other options out there?

First Google search result:

EDIT: mind you, having now read that article it seems all the good ones listed are bloody expensive.

The only other ones I know of are vendor specific (Cisco and Unifi).

1 Like

Have you tried what he your lan ? GitHub - aceberg/WatchYourLAN: Lightweight network IP scanner with web GUI

3 Likes

This is interesting. Looks to be a light weight version of FING (Fing Desktop | Network scanner for Windows and Mac | Fing).

Fing is a really nice tool and also has an open api. You can run it on any machine and connect to it via web, ap, or api. has a lot of powerful tools. It can find all devices and in your net return ip, mac and in most cases hardware manufacture and os. it keeps getting more powerful as the user base expands.

It does not appear to have a network topology map though, like was asked for.

Hi,
I indeed like this. Today I run a independent network scanner, but I’d like to integrate with HA.
So my requirements are kind of…

1. Allow creating a visual map of my selected network devices.
  2. The utility should integrate with HA. Add-on or HACS.
  3. Should allow PING on devices to check what is up and running.

Anyone who knows?

5 Likes

I like the idea here… what would it take to integrated this into HA?

1 Like

I am also looking for a network visualization within HA (using a Fritzbox Mesh).
I thought about using Sankey like here:
Anyone using the Sankey Chart Card? - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

How he did it is explained here:
Anyone using the Sankey Chart Card? - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

However, I don’t know how the dynamic connections could be used in the Sankey yaml code.

1 Like

I use Node-red dashboard view monitor network
https://flows.nodered.org/flow/4b940430b92142571c670050f4d98f6d

1 Like

Hi @datdp,
please, can you help me understand how to use the flow and how to view the network map in lovelace?Thanks

1 Like

View Node-red dashboard in link https://192.168.1.xxx:1880/endpoint/ui
On lovelace, use Webpage card

Example:

Hi!
Thanks for the repl.
I would like to ask you again:

1. Why does an error continually appear?

1. Not all the nodes of the network appear on the map (there are many more nodes in my rael network) and furthermore their names are not shown …how can I fix it?

1. How do I make the map background black instead of white?

Many thanks

I am not sure. I think if it’s not connected, then the status is error

Because text color and background is white (#fff). You can change text color in Template
[CSS Colors]